Rome

Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:46 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Texas
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Posts: 277
I've booked the Annex Luxury Apartment for 2 nights in early June at a rate of 710 euros. We are a couple. The description says 120 sq meters which is quite large but the price is lower than smaller rooms in the main building. I am wondering why the price is lower. Where is this apartment located? Is there any downside to staying in this apartment other than no room service and no turn down?
houstr8male is offline  
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:58 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: EGE/DEN
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 25
We are staying at the Maalot on points now and its very nice. Location near the Trevi fountain is pretty special.
hotcrab is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:43 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: UA GS, Hyatt LT G, Marriott LT T
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by houstr8male
I've booked the Annex Luxury Apartment for 2 nights in early June at a rate of 710 euros. We are a couple. The description says 120 sq meters which is quite large but the price is lower than smaller rooms in the main building. I am wondering why the price is lower. Where is this apartment located? Is there any downside to staying in this apartment other than no room service and no turn down?
Have you still there? How about the annex luxury apartment?
willliamjia is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:04 am
  #19  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 56,937
Villa Spalletti Update

We had a two night stay at Villa Spalletti Trivelli on points (25k per night) right after x-mas. This was my second stay, first being a paid stay in 2017, before the Hyatt/SLH affiliation.

We were assigned a nice corner room on the 1st floor overlooking the Quirinale gardens. This is a very good sized room for Rome, with a real desk and two lounge chairs. Room was very quiet. Bed a bit hard for my taste. Had an issue with the heating, which was basically set at full blast throughout the hotel, turning our room into an oven. It took a full day of back and forth with reception to get this satisfactorily adjusted.

Overall, I found the service levels much diminished from my prior stay (when it had been absolutely wonderful). All the front desk staff seemed relatively new and they had an unfortunate habit of responding to queries/requests with lengthy bogus explanations, rather than addressing the problem (the heat being a prime example). Another example was the rooftop jacuzzi - it was specifically highlighted at check-in; when we went to use it, we found the water unheated. When I raised this with reception, staff advised that "we don't heat the jacuzzi, we find our guests prefer the water unheated" (which in December means low 60s or colder). I expressed disagreement with this perspective. Several hours later I received a call from the same person, apologizing that she had been "misinformed" and that in fact the heater was broken and maintenance had been called but that it would not be fixed during our stay due to the holidays We were also given a very poor restaurant recommendation (Crispo19, which I absolutely would not recommend. By contrast, Rinaldi around the corner is fantastic).

Breakfast was solid, but not great. We had a much better breakfast at Hotel Barocco, where we spent our first night before moving to Villa Spalletti. (But the room at Barocco was closet sized.)

Overall, a nice stay and I would definitely recommend, especially on points. The location is excellent and the villa is itself is very very nice. But at least for now, service levels are at least two stars below a true five star level.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 8, 2023 at 9:12 am
Kacee is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2023, 5:06 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Texas
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by willliamjia
Have you still there? How about the annex luxury apartment?
We just completed a 3 night stay at Villa Spalletti Trivelli. We stayed in the Esquilino Suite which is on the 3rd floor of the 5 story building across the courtyard from the main hotel. Getting to the suite requires exiting the hotel and walking less than 50 yards down the sidewalk. The building has an elevator. There are at least 2 other ground floor suites in this building which are accessed via the courtyard. Palatino was the name of one and I don't remember the name of the other, maybe Aventino. The Colosseum is about 15 minutes walk, Trevi Fountain about 10-12 minutes. It is a very quiet location near the presidential palace and many government buildings. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was fairly standard and very adequate. There is a self serve open bar each evening from 5pm until "late". The Esquilino Suite has a master BR, a smaller BR, 2 full baths, full kitchen, large living room with 2 sofas, dining table and large desk. It also has a washing machine and drying rack which came in handy. The fridge was stocked with water, soft drinks, beer and mini liquor bottles. These are all complimentary and are replenished daily. There is no room service to this suite and housekeeping is once daily. We really enjoyed the privacy. The location is excellent. We would definitely book the Esquilino Suite again.
houstr8male is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:41 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,674
In looking for a points stay at Villa Spalletti, can anyone confirm that the "base" room is the "Romantic" room? It is by far the smallest, so I expected that to be the base room for points stays, however I see that room available for cash but not points. Tried 3 nights in case there was a min night stay requirement. Are they playing games perhaps?
xooz is online now  
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:00 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: UA GS, Hyatt LT G, Marriott LT T
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by houstr8male
We just completed a 3 night stay at Villa Spalletti Trivelli. We stayed in the Esquilino Suite which is on the 3rd floor of the 5 story building across the courtyard from the main hotel. Getting to the suite requires exiting the hotel and walking less than 50 yards down the sidewalk. The building has an elevator. There are at least 2 other ground floor suites in this building which are accessed via the courtyard. Palatino was the name of one and I don't remember the name of the other, maybe Aventino. The Colosseum is about 15 minutes walk, Trevi Fountain about 10-12 minutes. It is a very quiet location near the presidential palace and many government buildings. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was fairly standard and very adequate. There is a self serve open bar each evening from 5pm until "late". The Esquilino Suite has a master BR, a smaller BR, 2 full baths, full kitchen, large living room with 2 sofas, dining table and large desk. It also has a washing machine and drying rack which came in handy. The fridge was stocked with water, soft drinks, beer and mini liquor bottles. These are all complimentary and are replenished daily. There is no room service to this suite and housekeeping is once daily. We really enjoyed the privacy. The location is excellent. We would definitely book the Esquilino Suite again.
Delete

Last edited by willliamjia; Oct 17, 2023 at 4:29 am
willliamjia is offline  
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:45 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Texas
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by willliamjia
That is nice. Did you use hyatt credit to pay for the bill? Is this SLH earn 4 hyatt points per dollar?
I did use a hyatt credit card and I believe SLH earns 4 points per dollar.
houstr8male is offline  
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:44 pm
  #24  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 56,937
Originally Posted by xooz
Are they playing games perhaps?
SLH properties are not subject to same rules as Hyatt properties. They are allowed to limit award inventory.

The "Romantic" room is not small, it's very good sized, especially for Rome.
Explore and xooz like this.
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:59 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Philadelphia, LAX, Paris
Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 3,392
I will be taking a cruise from Rome in October 2024 with the Ritz-Carlton Luxury Yacht Collection. I am considering the Villa Spalletti Trivelli, but seems like the service has gone down? What other Hyatt hotels in Rome should I consider?
sapguy is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:07 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Posts: 4,798
Stayed at the Villa Spalletti Travelli for two nights in early January, in the base level room on Hyatt points: 40K for one night, 35K for the other. Compared to the two-night cash price of $1,250, using points was only a modestly good value (1.67c each). Upon check-in, staff apologized for not offering an upgrade, on account of a larger guest load my second night. But the room (Romantic?) was very large, with high ceilings and a large bathroom as well. It was named Campitelli, referring to a district of Rome that has an emblem of a black dragon's head (a playful dragon appears on the door to the room). There was a huge 1669 map of Africa, framed on the wall. The window could be opened, which was pleasant to do, even in winter. There was no street noise.

I left my bag at about 10 am, and received an actual phone call when my room was ready, about 1:00. Staff were mostly welcoming. One was a bit perfunctory. The complimentary breakfast, with a buffet and items you could order, runs from 7 to 11 am. From 1 to 10 pm, you can order a meal in the dining room by pressing a button. The selection of items was decent. As usual in Rome, pasta and pizza dominated, along with side vegetables.

The multiple spacious common rooms are a treat. A highlight is certainly the make-your-own cocktails, with recipes and garnishes provided, starting at 5 pm. The rooftop and garden were too chilly for lounging, although one lukewarm hot tub remained open. I did take advantage of the massive sauna and steam room adjacent to the basement fitness center. Since staff must heat each ahead of time, once you've made a booking (5-8 pm only) they set to work. Unfortunately I found that only one of the rooms was properly heated. By the time I got to the other one, the steam had died down, or the sauna enclosure wasn't too warm. Better if they let guests heat each room at a convenient time during their hour-long booking.

Overall, a stay here is quite an experience! Accordingly to staff, the owning family, which also have vineyards in the countryside (their wines are served at dinner), live in the back building when in Rome.
Explore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.