Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Gainsborough Bath

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Prive, Marriott Stars & Luminous, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Sofitel STEP, Hilton
The Gainsborough Bath

The Gainsborough Bath was part of 'Leading Hotels of the World' since its opening in 2017, but was rebranded earlier this year as a member of SLH.
Even better, it is participating in SLH withIN, so you can get even more benefits for a 2-night + stay.

The hotel is set to open on July 4th after the UK's lockdown restrictions for hotel have been lifted.

Has anyone stayed at the Gainsborough before or is planning to stay there now that it is part of SLH?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:18 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
While affiliated with SLH, this property does not appear to be participating in the program with Hyatt.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Prive, Marriott Stars & Luminous, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Sofitel STEP, Hilton
Originally Posted by skj
While affiliated with SLH, this property does not appear to be participating in the program with Hyatt.
Hopefully it will get added soon. They only switched their affiliation in March and haven't been open under the SLH brand due to COVID-19, so maybe it will be added to Hyatt later on. It is quite a popular hotel and as Hyatt doesn't have any hotels in the region, it would make a lot of sense. Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I stayed at this hotel in November '21 on an Amex FHR rate. Rooms were very nice and the location can't be beat. We arrived early and the room wasn't available yet, so we availed ourselves of the hot baths in the basement. High tea was a perfect use of the Amex experience credit.

The only criticisms that I would have is that reception was somewhat overwhelmed at peak times and that the hotel had an insufficient number of umbrellas to borrow (in England, no less!). However, I would happily stay here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.