Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLH options in London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
SLH options in London

Haven't seen a master thread about any of these yet - any reports?

Looking at doing The Academy in March for a work trip (cheaper than the three "real" Hyatt properties by 100 GBP/night). Price and location is right. Some of the other more expensive ones (Dukes? St. James?) seem nice too.

Got Academy for $207 GBP for a tiny single bed will hope for a minor bed upgrade!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:16 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Haven't seen a master thread about any of these yet - any reports?

Looking at doing The Academy in March for a work trip (cheaper than the three "real" Hyatt properties by 100 GBP/night). Price and location is right. Some of the other more expensive ones (Dukes? St. James?) seem nice too.

Got Academy for $207 GBP for a tiny single bed will hope for a minor bed upgrade!
i agree that a lot of them seem nice, though their rooms are listed at minuscule sizes. Fine for a work stay like you have, but the small sizes are what have caused me to never pull the trigger on them for a leisure stay.

Last edited by hp12c; Feb 14, 2020 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
I stayed at the Franklin in March last year. Definitely got a tiny room but well appointed with an excellent bed and linens. The hotel is in a great location plus the breakfast which was included was very good with a menu for hot options and a quality buffet with an extensive range of cold fare.
It was cold in March so there was no access to the garden which looked like it would be a rather lovely outdoor space in the summer months.
I think this was a points stay.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by catsassy
I stayed at the Franklin in March last year. Definitely got a tiny room but well appointed with an excellent bed and linens. The hotel is in a great location plus the breakfast which was included was very good with a menu for hot options and a quality buffet with an extensive range of cold fare.
It was cold in March so there was no access to the garden which looked like it would be a rather lovely outdoor space in the summer months.
I think this was a points stay.
+1. Great location, nice breakfast and outdoor garden. Walking distance to British Museum. Elegantly tiled steam room to sweat our one’s sins after a night at the pubs...
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
dupe.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seems like the Academy and Flemings are the two cheapest options typically out of the six SLH in Central London - will take one for the team and do a review!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve been staying at the Dukes as my regular London hotel this year. It typically hovers around the £300-350+ mark incl. VAT which is more than I like to spend, but being based there is really very civilised.

Would definitely be interested in hearing how the “single” rooms in the other hotels are for times when I want to stay under £200 though.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Enjoying a world famous Duke's Martini is reason enough for me to stay at Dukes. If you are not a hotel guest, it can be difficult to get a table in the bar area. The table-side martini experience with Allesandro wheeling his martini cart over to you and zesting lemon peel from the Amalfi Coast is a lovely experience and is oft imitated the world over. Cheers!
EuropeanPete and Thunderroad like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:23 am

Any votes for the best SLH option in London?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any votes for the best SLH option in London?
Bump - any reviews? May be doing a week in September for work and the "regular" Hyatts likely out of my budget.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bump - any reviews? May be doing a week in September for work and the "regular" Hyatts likely out of my budget.
To be honest, I've never seen any of the SLH hotels cheaper than the "regular" Hyatts. (except for one with a tiny single room)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:49 am

Seems like the Academy and Flemings are the two cheapest options typically out of the six SLH in Central London - will take one for the team and do a review!
UA-NYC - have you done your stay yet at the Academy? Curious if anyone has any recent stays to report... thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just had a three night stay at The Academy the first weekend in July. Lovely hotel with a cute garden and bar area (seldom utilized) Globalist with Hyatt but did not get any sort of upgrade - they were fully booked. All staff was very kind and ready to help if needed. Had a half bottle of Merlot in our room (did not try it) and breakfast in the basement was included. Wish they served breakfast in the garden. Standard European continental breakfast fare with the addition of an option to order a bacon or sausage butty. A number of interconnected townhouses make up this property. We were in the main townhouse on the fourth floor - no elevator, so pack light! The mini-split AC unit seemed to be on its last legs in our room and we were fairly warm. Room itself was quite tiny but had everything we needed. Styled very well. Loved the quiet location in Bloomsbury - very close to the British Museum. Goodge Street, Tottenham Court Road, and Russell Square tube stops are a five or so minute walk away. A nice walk without luggage. We did Heathrow Express to Paddington and a cab from there which took a half hour. Probably would've been quicker to take the Elizabeth line from TCR. Elizabeth line goes to Heathrow but requires a change in trains at Paddington right now.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madderlake
UA-NYC - have you done your stay yet at the Academy? Curious if anyone has any recent stays to report... thanks!
Did a 2 night stay there last week...price was right for work at 219 GBP (other Hyatts were 450+). Did the Twin bed room - this was the smallest hotel room I had ever stayed in. But didn't spend much time there, so was ok.

I would go elsewhere if possible...location is nice and central, helpful staff, breakfast is perfectly passable. Just...not what I'm looking for. No fitness center, no elevator will be an issue for some.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Crown & Anchor Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, mLife Gold
I just finished a four night stay at Flemings and we had a great stay. The hotel has tons of history and is in a great location. When I was booking Hyatt was having a 20% off suites sale so I booked a junior suite for us and we were upgraded to a studio suite. Plenty of space and the honor gin bar in the room was a night touch and very reasonably priced. The bathroom was large for UK standards and products provided we from The White Company. The breakfast was pretty good and got the job done though we went out to eat a few of the days and didn't use that perk. The hotel staff was great and were able to answer all of my questions and flag down taxis as needed. Getting a drink in their bar before dinner was really nice and had a great vibe. We enjoyed our time at the hotel and would stay there again.
thirdpassport likes this.

Last edited by Airport Coffee; Oct 21, 2022 at 11:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.