Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
25K points
Aresanna Spa Hotel and Suites - 17 sq m
  • Fira is okay, the cruise ships all dock below Fira port so it gets very crowded very quickly
  • This hotel does not have the "Rock" or "Cave" feel. Most of a city center hotel. There are about 48 rooms and is better known for its "spa".
On the Rocks - 15 sq m
Current Review
  • In town of Imerovigli, it's not as overcrowded as Oia and Fira get but lots of good food and dead center of the island giving you amazing views in both directions
  • This is one of the true "cave" or "rocks" hotels. There are some steps, but very manageable.
40K points
San Antonio - 25 sq m
  • No close town for food or nightlife
Santorini Secret Suites and Spa - 30 sq m
  • 110 steps to hotel restaurant
  • close to Oia but not in the center of town
Carpe Diem Boutique Resort - 45 sq m plus 40 sq m private deck and unheated private pool. 10 total suites
Print Wikipost

What is the best SLH hotel in Santorini?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:15 am

Can you tell me what rooms you had and got that were good and bad? Hopefully I can avoid those and request a certain good one.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jgsx
The assistant manager explained that my reservation was ranked as being through a third party discount booking site. This put me at the bottom of the list for priority at a full property.

If the hotel isn’t full, you’d probably end up with a descent room.

But it’s a big difference from other award redemptions. Burning 40k/night of Globalist points to be the opposite of elite is difficult to justify.
Are you a H Globalist? That may make some difference. Maybe a concierge can arrange some good room.

Also, in general, we probably had too much expectation with those properties. Read the reviews on Mystique.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by RedSun
Are you a H Globalist? That may make some difference. Maybe a concierge can arrange some good room.

Also, in general, we probably had too much expectation with those properties. Read the reviews on Mystique.
I am a Globalist.

That means nothing at a SLH hotel though. All Hyatt redemptions are equal, regardless of Hyatt status.

I called Hyatt when I was having this issue and they confirmed this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by RedSun
Reality is these hotels can sell the rooms at this time of year so I wouldn’t expect much in terms of an upgrade regardless of which hotel you book. I already commented that service seems to be an issue on Santorini in general compared to other Greek islands. We just returned from a four stop trip and Santorini had the most service issues....and I was the one that commented on our Mystique stay in that post.

Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm going to have to rethink my fall stay.[/LEFT]
A friend of mine stayed in Santorini for 6 nights in a very small boutique hotel and was very happy with it. It sounds like the small 10 room property you mentioned above.

I'll get the name from her. BUT - I do recall she said it was not in the touristy areas.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:19 pm

i'm staying 4 nights in Santorini, two at San Antonio and hopefully two at Secret Suites and Spa. Currently I have two award nights at San Antonio but only found one award night Secret Suites and Spa. After reading some of the reviews, I am a little discouraged about checking for award availability 3 times per day for that last night I need.. haha
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:52 am
Suspended

Anyone knows the cost of taxi ride for about 15 minutes (8KM) from airport to Imerovigli. Staying at the "On the Rock" for the first night there. Hotel quotes ~ 30-35 euro.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have 2-nights at the "On the Rock" in October and thinking about moving to a non-Hyatt and non-Marriott property now, although my last 3 days will be at Mystique.

Btw, "On the Rocks" hotel quoted me the following for airport transfer to pick us up.

"15,00 euros/per person/per way for a semi private transfer or 20,00 euros/per person/per way for a private one."
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

We just completed two days' stay at "On The Rocks". We really love this hotel. I booked the "Secrete Suites" in Oia and did not stay there. IMO, "Rocks" is a better hotel for us. Also, it costs much less than "Secrete Suites". We also stayed at Aressana, but we like "Rocks" much much better. We'd like to stay there again when we come back.

No "disappointments" we often heard from the "Mystique".

See my complete review.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ni-greece.html

Last edited by RedSun; Aug 22, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:58 am
Suspended

I would definitely book a taxi through hotel in advance. It costs about 30 to 35 euro for two. Expect about 40 for 3-4 people. I wouldn’t want to haul luggage to find a taxi, only to save a few euro.

The driver would contact hotel to prepare for your arrival. It’s worth every euro you pay. There are multiple steps and hard to manage all the luggage.

Also, the taxi charges about the same price. Like semi fixed price. You won’t save much trying to find your own.

Last edited by RedSun; Aug 23, 2019 at 1:09 am
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

We also completed a stay at SLH "Aressana" in Fira, Santorini. To us, it is just standard or average. Personally it is not our top choice(s).

Here is complete review:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ni-greece.html
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:13 am

At the secret suites now for 3 nights and I can say it was A TOTAL WASTE of 40k points a night. Even if I get 10 percent back which I should, it's a complete waste. This property has ONE thing going for it and that's the view, and you can enjoy the exact same view from the walkway directly above the hotel. When I return, I'll be posting a detailed review.
GobiFox likes this.

Last edited by antonius66; Aug 28, 2019 at 6:36 am
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
At the secret suites now for 3 nights and I can say it was A TOTAL WASTE of 40k points a night. Even if I get 10 percent back which I should, it's a complete waste. This property has ONE thing going for it and that's the view, and you can enjoy the exact same view from the walkway directly above the hotel. When I return, I'll be posting a detailed review.
Ouch.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

40k a night? 40x ouch.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:52 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

At the secret suites now for 3 nights and I can say it was A TOTAL WASTE of 40k points a night.
Ouch. You took the hit for the team. Thanks for letting us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.