Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a ticket with CO using Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Booking a ticket with CO using Skymiles

I'd love to get on a TPA-TLH flight that CO offers, and supposedly using Skyteam, Delta should offer some sort of ability to book the flight, but online, and over the phone, they say that there is no availability, not only for the date I'm looking for, but ever. Is there any way to get them to book the flight for me? Delta's website makes it sound like booking on Skyteam partners would be no problem, but in reality it's not that easy. I know for a fact that it's usually an empty flight, I've flown the TPA-TLH route on several carriers, and it's all the same.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
check avail. on continental.com ... they are pretty bad with award seats. If you find avail. call up delta and they should be able to get it for you. Else check nwa.com and transfer miles to nwa if that looks better.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Isn't TPA-TLH only a 200 mile flight? I'd drive before I burned miles on something like this.

You have to book with DL. CO is leaving the alliance soon, and I've found them quite Scroogelike with their awards that involve CO.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I tried calling Delta, and hit a wall. They didn't seem like they would go out of their way at all to get me on that flight. Normally I'd drive, but there's an important football game in Tally that night that I don't want to miss (FSU-UM) and I'd like to get there early for the "festivities". If anyone's got any ideas, I'd love to hear them...
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Also, I think that $250 for the one-way it a bit steep, and why wouldn't Delta want to gobble up my Skymiles for such a stupid flight, especially when I could use them to fly to California?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which date are you trying to fly it? There seems to be plenty of award availability from CO on the fights. Generally you can just call DL and give them the flight numbers and they'll do it, even if it is a partner reward.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking for the Sept 7 - 11:15am flight
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you trying to book it as a round trip? Without that the DL folks will likely balk. And I don't know if they require the Saturday night stay for the reward so that also might mess you up since you're going up Monday morning for the game.

There is also a chance that they are going to see it as a Continental Connection operated by Gulfstream and say that they aren't really a partner. But there is availability on the flight you were looking at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.