Wiki Posts
Search

FCO: AZ and Skyteam at the terminal A

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
FCO: AZ and Skyteam at the terminal A

Skyteam to consolidate at Terminal A, currently allocated to domestic routes.

From October 30 2009

http://www.apcom.net/newseconomia/20...70_66342.shtml

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...-terminal.html
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
mmm ... I guess it is the end for the AF lounge (that I very much prefer) and that we will have to use AZ facilities ?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:43 am
Original Poster

No details on the plan, at this stage.

Actually, based on the press releases, it seems that the plan meets the needs of ADR, the airport authority.
ADR wants a business focus for each area of the airport and the launch of major projects, including new concourses and so - of course - new lounges.
No main works till October 30, so it seems that passengers should be able to walk between Terminal A and Terminal B - the 2 terminals that are now in the Schengen area - as usual.
Actually, it's not clear yet whether the consolidation will include all the Skyteam operations - disregarding O/D, or only the intra-Schengen Skyteam operations (leaving the extra-schengen to the TC).

They say that AZ and Skyteam will get the current domestic Terminal A.
As you can see here, there're 2 'arms' and an empty area.
The plan involves an additional building, in the empty area, then a seamless integration between Terminal B and Terminal A plus a TA expansion right of the current building, where there was the old AZ cargo facility (which is already under demolition).
AZ and Skyteam will get these new facilities too.
So, the currently TA is just a temporary solution.

On the other side of the airport, the main work is the additional Terminal C concourse, that you can see here at 0:45, and a sort of AirTrain.

The so-called FCO2 is still an idea, rather than project.

Last edited by Alice11; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52 am
Old Jul 29, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Originally Posted by JOUY31
mmm ... I guess it is the end for the AF lounge (that I very much prefer) and that we will have to use AZ facilities ?
There's no real AZ lounge in terminal A airside either, there's an "ATAhotel Executive Center" that provides the AZ and Priority Pass lounges in A and last time I was there offered no alcohol.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Yesterday, the CEO of AZ said that TA will be allocated to AZ and AFKL as first step in September, then TA will get the long-haul later. He mentioned Delta too.
It's not clear what he said...
Perhaps he means that AZ/AF/KL Schengen flights will be consolidated at Terminal A immediately, then step by step all the Skyteam flights - whether Schengen or non Schengen - will operate at A.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Oh no!!!! Maybe this is a ploy to get people to prefer Malpensa...

TA is horrid - small, overcrowded, low ceilings, bad signage and the ATA lounge is the worst Alitalia lounge in existance (which really says a lot) - overvcrowded, feels like a corridor, only mineral water, orange juice and dry biscuits (like on short haul AZ flights), dodgy Internet - also no airline agents to help with flight queries - not that they do that well in LIN/MXP/VCE/Bpier, but at least they are there.

Although - I do admit that the check-in zone is nicer (although they need to re-instate the priority security lane which has been replaced by a special lane for Linate).

I suppose the real upside is that connections will be easier (having personally missed three flights in four years due to not running fast enough whilst transiting between "B" and "A")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.