Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

CSA stop its long-haul flights (source: Aérocontact)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

CSA Czech Airlines is strengthening its action plan for 2009. The Czech company announced it would accelerate the introduction of certain measures to reduce its costs. Among them is the suspension of his only long-haul service : New York-Prague.

Passenger traffic will decline by double digits. It therefore decided to optimize its program and its fleet. CSA will still fly to New York via its SkyTeam partner Delta Air Lines.

The medium-haul destinations will also be the target of its new measures. In Europe, some frequencies will be reduce. The fleet will eventually be reduced by 10%.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 5:08 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Ahhhhh. That explains why DL started up a PRG-NY flight for the winter afterthey suspended the PRG-ATL flights.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:38 pm

Unhappy Th is sad

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Ahhhhh. That explains why DL started up a PRG-NY flight for the winter afterthey suspended the PRG-ATL flights.
and a dirty crime. What next?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:49 am
Suspended

well OK was using an A-310 so its not exactly a new plane and maybe they feel its time to get rid of it and too costly to get a replacement in todays great economic times
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am fine with that...it's not like it's difficult to get to the States.

Give me ALA, TAS, or even Iran, anytime.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am guessing with DL metal operating the route, the OK Plus upgrades no longer apply. Has anyone worked up the nerve to get a confirmation of this loss of benefit?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I am guessing with DL metal operating the route, the OK Plus upgrades no longer apply. Has anyone worked up the nerve to get a confirmation of this loss of benefit?
I'm not sure what there would be to confirm. A DL flight is not going to confer any special upgrades for OK members.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm not sure what there would be to confirm. A DL flight is not going to confer any special upgrades for OK members.
Exactly. The terms are clear: it's got to be an OK-coded ticket on an OK-operated flight, otherwise you get no upgrade.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
You'd have to buy a full fare economy ticket and hope for a Skyteam upgrade - http://www.skyteam.com/news/headlines/20081101.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.