Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF E+ baggage allowance on NW?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:15 pm
ICA
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
AF E+ baggage allowance on NW?

I was checking-in at NW, NRT-HNL with my AF/KLM Gold E+ card.
As I found on the AF's website under "Gold benefits", I was thinking that NW offers 10kgs of free baggage allowance. The lady at the chkn counter told me
NW offers no more b.a.+10 for AF golds...
Which is true???
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:57 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ICA
As I found on the AF's website under "Gold benefits", I was thinking that NW offers 10kgs of free baggage allowance.
There is no extra baggage allowance benefit in SkyTeam.

From http://www.AirFrance.co.uk/GB/en/loc...ite_gold.htm#7
Extra baggage allowance

* 10 kg extra baggage allowance on AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa and Kenya Airways flights, in addition to your normal class of service baggage allowance*
* Baggage protection : your baggage is protected by a heavy-duty plastic film. This complimentary service is offered on long distance flights departing from Paris- Charles de Gaulle Airport.

* This extra baggage allowance is not available on flights where the baggage "piece concept" applies (baggage allowance determined by the number and dimension of baggage items).

Last edited by KVS; Feb 8, 2009 at 10:06 pm
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:46 am
ICA
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by KVS
There is no extra baggage allowance benefit in SkyTeam.

From http://www.AirFrance.co.uk/GB/en/loc...ite_gold.htm#7
Extra baggage allowance

* 10 kg extra baggage allowance on AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa and Kenya Airways flights, in addition to your normal class of service baggage allowance*
* Baggage protection : your baggage is protected by a heavy-duty plastic film. This complimentary service is offered on long distance flights departing from Paris- Charles de Gaulle Airport.

* This extra baggage allowance is not available on flights where the baggage "piece concept" applies (baggage allowance determined by the number and dimension of baggage items).
Thanks, KVS!
Wow, the Gold benefits has changed!
Last year, on the bottom at "airline partner offers" section,
the "with NW" said the +10 allowance for all NW flights.
Now it says only for AMS-Bombay.
BTW my flight was last year to HNL. Fortunately I had my printed-out
benefits with that info so finally I got the free +10...
Anyway, why NW doesn't offer free allowance?
NW is part of KL, isn't it?
Flying blue is the FFP for NW european citizens, isn't it?
And, NW offers free allowance for NW elites...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

NW is part of Delta now. And they do not offer luggage benefits to any elites but their own. As of last week CO implemented a similar policy by pulling away that benefit from NW/DL elites. Things continue to play out ugly on the baggage charge front.

You should have been permitted two bags up to 50 pounds each. Was that not what you received?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:09 pm
ICA
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
NW is part of Delta now.
I know!
But Why does NW still on the KLM homepage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.