Which Skyteam FF Program to join?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.

Hi,

I am not a member of any SkyTeam partner, but will be travelling on Alitalia in 2009, and it's about time I join one.

I live in London, and travel to Europe (Western Europe), Israel, and to the USA (and occasionally Australia, but probably not this year). Most trips are Economy (some are in Y) and a couple are Business.

What is the best FF program to join to maximise either Status, rewards, or both?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK+, for the comp elite upgrades (incl. TLV) and 200% credit for most business class fares across the alliance. Non-airline earning options aren't plentiful, but otherwise it's hard to beat...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Agreed, if I lived in Europe and was doing your type of travel, I would join OK+. But since Im in the States, its NW for me (until it fully becomes DL).

However, if your travel to the States is close to 50%, I would still consider NW, for US North American free upgrades, generous elite bonus mileage, and ability to upgrade on DL, AS and CO (for the time being) free of charge.

If more then 50% of your travel is within Europe, Id go with OK+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.