Wiki Posts
Search

Best SkyTeam to HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PM Skymiles; US Air Silver; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Best SkyTeam to HNL??

First Post...Need help. Taking wife for 10th from HSV to HNL. Would like to know best skyteam to get there. Have 270K SkyMiles and am looking for best FC seats (lie flat...), best service, ect...Thanks so much for any help.

Last edited by ToryBurgess; Nov 19, 2008 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Get the aircraft with international business class seats: NW from MSP-HNL, or CO EWR-HNL - I can't cite other CO routes. Other aircraft have domestic first seats with much, much less room.

But those CO and NW seats are going to be tough to get because of demand. Award availability against your schedule flexibility will matter a lot.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Get the aircraft with international business class seats: NW from MSP-HNL, or CO EWR-HNL - I can't cite other CO routes. Other aircraft have domestic first seats with much, much less room.

But those CO and NW seats are going to be tough to get because of demand. Award availability against your schedule flexibility will matter a lot.
And the CO seats will soon be impossible to get once they go to *A.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Does DL has a BE product to HNL? Isn't general concensus that the best soft-product is CO EWR-HNL (767), and the best hard-product is NW MSP-HNL (A330)? CO also has an IAH-HNL (767).

Given the option, I'd take NW, for the A330 AVOD. And there is no option that you should take premium cabin, as most people forget how far HNL is... MSP-HNL is further then MSP-LHR. Any flight that long demands a premium seat.

Steve B.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, CO Platinum, PLAT AMEX
CO is the way to go, DL is the 767-4 with the normal FC seats that are terrible.

I had a comfortable sleep in the BF product, even though it is outdated, and the food was terrific, including the ice cream sundae.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.