Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Lounge access at ICN

I am traveling in March on KAL economy from JFK to ICN. I have a Delta Skymiles Business AMEX Platinum card as well as being a NWA Worldclubs member. Will either of these gain me access when flying econ to the Morning Calm lounge at ICN?They open at 6:30AM and I will need a shower. My departure flight is at 8, so waiting for the shower facilities to open at ~7AM will make it tight.

Thanks
Tony
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The AmEx gets you nothing. The WC membership gets you in assuming you are boarding a SkyTeam-operated International flight.

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...bs/wcasia.html

No guests.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
The AmEx gets you nothing. The WC membership gets you in assuming you are boarding a SkyTeam-operated International flight.

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...bs/wcasia.html

No guests.

That sucks, I will have someone with me. Since I will be on Korean Airlines, then ya I can get in but she can't I guess.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:59 am
Original Poster

OK, I did what I should have done in the first place.... I called NWA Worldclubs.... They told me that as a Worldclubs member, I can take up to two guests into the KE lounge at ICN.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by tonyric
OK, I did what I should have done in the first place.... I called NWA Worldclubs.... They told me that as a Worldclubs member, I can take up to two guests into the KE lounge at ICN.
Good luck. That directly contradicts the terms on their web page. At the end of the day it is going to be an agent in Korea who gets to make the decision, so I wouldn't go in to it with expectations set too high.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Good luck. That directly contradicts the terms on their web page. At the end of the day it is going to be an agent in Korea who gets to make the decision, so I wouldn't go in to it with expectations set too high.
Well, I looked at the link you gave me and it didn't state if I was limited to a number of guests as a Worldclubs member, so I checked KE's website and saw no limit there either for ICN. I know there is a limit of no guests as an NWA elite member, but apparently not as a Worldclubs member.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by tonyric
Well, I looked at the link you gave me and it didn't state if I was limited to a number of guests as a Worldclubs member, so I checked KE's website and saw no limit there either for ICN. I know there is a limit of no guests as an NWA elite member, but apparently not as a Worldclubs member.
On that page scroll down to the Seoul row and look on the right side. There is another link for "Access Restrictions." I just went back and checked and it looks like they've removed the line about no guests. Go figure.

I guess you're all set. But that link is where I saw the restriction the other day.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
As a Delta Platinum flying ORD-ICN-DPS in business class, will I get access to the KE first class lounge in ICN?

Thanks!
DR
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
As a Delta Platinum flying ORD-ICN-DPS in business class, will I get access to the KE first class lounge in ICN?

Thanks!
DR

no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.