Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

New Flyer with SU... any way to get into lounge??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

I am a new Aeroflot flyer and wonder if there is any way to purchase lounge access at SVO-2. Is it worth it? The wait if 7 hours on my next flight from YYZ through Moscow, then on to DXB. I fly economy and have to use my crutches as my leg is not totally healed..
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:38 am

I am not sure if there is a way to buy access to the lounge, but I can say that that lounge is nto something to write home about - old, worn out furniture, and crowded usually. Better than "the downstairs boarding area", I suppose.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Besides being old and ugly, I don't think the lounges at SVO are too bad. They have very comfortable chairs, free wifi and a good selection of beverages and smaller selection of food and snacks. Way better than AF and CZA lounges!!!

I have never seen anyone paying their entrance when in the lounge. But you can access several lounges at SVO with a Diner's Club card or a Priority Club pass.

I would almost consider obtaining either one, cause hanging out in SVO for 7 hours would be painful....
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by skrosvik
hanging out in SVO for 7 hours would be painful....

Amen to that. Hopefully SVO3 is a big improvement.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:58 pm

Some options

There's some information on SVO's website (russian version)

There seems to be some paid-entrance lounges landside at both terminals (and that would require a transit visa, unless you are exempt). They are quoting different rates: Yantar (Amber) Lounge is a reasonable 900 RUR/person, then they quote 4200 RUR and 6500 RUR , not exactly sure for what...

There is also a D.A.T.E. lounge (DL/SU joint venture), potentially available on a paid basis.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
http://www.go-to.ru/en/catalog/vip/i...t.php?ID=26225
Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:36 am

Landside??? Both Amber Lounge and Date Lounge are airside - after immigration and security.... You don't need a transitvisa to enter them, as they are airside.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:51 pm

Landside??? Both Amber Lounge and Date Lounge are airside - after immigration and security.... You don't need a transitvisa to enter them, as they are airside.
I stand corrected - it seemed that way from the description on the website. My bad
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I have never seen anyone paying their entrance when in the lounge. But you can access several lounges at SVO with a Diner's Club card or a Priority Club pass.
I just checked the situation with Priority Club and they told me I could not use my card to gain access to Aeroflot Lounges...

I don't want to spend $99 on a Diner's Club card either. Paying to enter the lounge is a given...

Oh well, it sounds like I'll either try the other suggestions or else just bring a book and wait - and pay for overpriced food at one of the restaurants like I did while in transit in June.

Mind you, the restaurants were quiet and confortable, unlike the Frankfurt airport where I was in transit last time. What a crowded, noise-filled cattle loose-housing that was!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:02 am

There is no Aeroflot-branded lounge at SVO, so they use a lounge called Date First Class Lounge, or something. Priority Pass will get you into this lounge, it's stated on their website, so what's the problem?

I am really looking forward to SVO 3 in 2009, there will be two 550 M2 Aeroflot-branded lounges there, one will be a Skyteam-lounge - and it will have showers

Last edited by skrosvik; Jul 19, 2008 at 3:08 am
Old Jul 19, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
There is no Aeroflot-branded lounge at SVO, so they use a lounge called Date First Class Lounge, or something. Priority Pass will get you into this lounge, it's stated on their website, so what's the problem?

I am really looking forward to SVO 3 in 2009, there will be two 550 M2 Aeroflot-branded lounges there, one will be a Skyteam-lounge - and it will have showers
The problem is they won't let you in using your Priority Pass. I canceled my Priority Pass two years ago as I couldn't use it even thought PP said I could. They were no help in getting me access. Maybe in the past two years they have contacted the Lounge and resolved the problem...
Old Jul 19, 2008, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by ncvet61
The problem is they won't let you in using your Priority Pass. I canceled my Priority Pass two years ago as I couldn't use it even thought PP said I could. They were no help in getting me access. Maybe in the past two years they have contacted the Lounge and resolved the problem...
Really? How unproffessional of Priority Pass (or maybe the lounge itself)!!! The lounge is stated as a member lounge at PP-website.

The same happened to me in India recently. I was denied access to every lounge in Delhi, even though Diner's Club state on their website that my card will give me access to three lounges in Delhi. But I was denied and refused at all three. I sent a complaint to Diner's Club when I got back home, and they accused the staff of the lounges of wrongdoing, cause every DC-member are supposed to have access to the lounges there. They bill DC for every entry of a DC-member. Still they denied me access, and DC have now contacted the responsible for the lounges to clarify this matter, and find out why I was denied. Very, very unproffessional of the Indian staff!!!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:34 pm

I was with a Russian friend who is Skyteam Elite Plus, so he got a pass to the DATE lounge. However, it doesn't honor the "plus one companion" lounge benefit. After he argued with them a bit to no avail, they put me on the phone to someone at Delta (which we were flying) who charged me 525 rubles (about $21) for admittance.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 2:40 am

All Skyteam Elite Plus-members can bring one friend to this lounge, I brought my sister there a couple of times the last month. You have to ask for an extra lounge-invitation at check-in or at the transfer-desk. It's hasslefree, and will give both of you admission to the lounge. Just remember to ask for the invitation for yourself, and one for your companion. I have never had problems with this. You won't get into the lounge without an invitation.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:49 pm

Well, we could try again next time. Both at Delta check-in and at the lounge, they said flat out that the DATE lounge wasn't a full Skyteam lounge, so the E+ guest benefit didn't apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.