FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Continental Leaving Skyteam for Star Alliance! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/836324-continental-leaving-skyteam-star-alliance.html)

DFWsakp Oct 8, 2008 5:01 pm

This is bad for people travelling to India. In the last 1 year, I was always able to get Saver seats in Business (5) and Coach (2) even on a 2 week notice. But, all the above flights were on Continental and not on Delta (my miles are on Delta). For some reason, Delta does not release much of its seats to Award Tickets while Continental has loads of them. I have travelled during various times of the year and never had any problem with the redemption. Continental going away is going to be a huge setback for people like me who travel to India and love going non-stop

jpdx Oct 20, 2008 10:25 pm

No more CO awards?

DL won't let me book CO awards for next May. Has DL announced an end date for the partnership with CO, or is this some website/software problem (similar to the KE flights they can't see)?

af fp Nov 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Any better idea of when the last day of CO in Skyteam will be? I understand that the DL/NW merger is now happening so they should be able to announce this soon. (Sorry for the repeat, I also posted this question in the Skyteam forum but it has less readers).

marlin Dec 2, 2008 7:43 am

I saw some CO seats on delta.com for Sept 2009, but would really like to know the answer to this too!

A380IFE Dec 5, 2008 5:50 pm

NWA limiting Skyteam Elite benefits

I just found out, to my surprise, that NWA is no longer waiving checked baggage fees for Skyteam elite (e.g. COA Elite) passengers - effective TODAY.

GUWonder Dec 5, 2008 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by A380IFE (Post 10863570)
I just found out, to my surprise, that NWA is no longer waiving checked baggage fees for Skyteam elite (e.g. COA Elite) passengers - effective TODAY.

If so, this would be NW getting in line with DL's ways.

AndyTLe Apr 15, 2009 4:58 pm

E-mail: Continental Departing From SkyTeam

Full text of e-mail

Continental Airlines® has made the decision to end its participation in the SkyTeam® alliance on October 24, 2009. As a result, after this date, SkyMiles® members will be unable to:

• Earn miles with the SkyMiles program for travel on Continental
  • Earn miles towards Medallion® status on Continental
  • Enjoy elite and lounge privileges on Continental

You may continue to book Award Tickets on Continental flights thru October 24, 2009 for travel thru October 24, 2010.

We know these benefits are important to you, so please remember that with the Delta and Northwest Airlines® merger you'll enjoy:

• An unprecedented global network with the largest airline in the world, including flights to 379 destinations in 66 countries in six continents
  • A best-in-class loyalty program that will continue to offer a minimum of 500 miles on every flight and a full mile toward Medallion status on all coach fares, regardless of booking channel

And, Medallion members will continue to experience:
  • A host of benefits, including unlimited complimentary upgrades, mileage bonuses, priority boarding and preferred seating
  • And now, more ways to qualify for elite status - including segments

During the transition period, we will do everything in our power to ensure you receive all the appropriate benefits when flying Continental.

Stay tuned for additional updates about Continental's SkyTeam departure, and our exciting merger with Northwest.

Terms & Conditions

Award Tickets issued before October 24, 2009, will be honored for 12 months after issuance of each such Award Ticket. Retroactive mileage accrual (for travel prior to October 24, 2009) will be posted for the applicable posting period (6 months). The time limit for the posting of retroactive credit shall be consistent with each party's published retroactive credit posting policy as of October 24, 2009 (6 months). Award Tickets issued before October 24, 2009 will be honored for twelve (12) months after issuance of each Award Ticket.

Complimentary upgrades are subject to availability and offered on most Delta and Northwest flights within or between the United States (excluding Hawaii), Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico and northern South America.

All SkyMiles program and WorldPerks program rules apply to SkyMiles and WorldPerks program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits, respectively. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide and nwa.com/worldperks.

ual744777sta Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm

I like how this is a PR spin for their "exiciting new merger!"

MikeMpls Apr 15, 2009 5:08 pm

There is no "news" whatsoever here.

KENNECTED Apr 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 11588925)
There is no "news" whatsoever here.

So nice, you said it twice. ;)

MikeMpls Apr 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 11589033)
So nice, you said it twice. ;)

Two different threads, both proclaiming non-news as news. Was I supposed to agree with it in one thread & disagree in the other?

KENNECTED Apr 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 11589068)
Two different threads, both proclaiming non-news as news. Was I supposed to agree with it in one thread & disagree in the other?

NO, as I agree with you.

icurhere2 Apr 15, 2009 6:09 pm

CO had told us this two and a half months ago, so this isn't even an approximation of news.

WBurcham Apr 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I would actually say that this is news in a way.

Here in Delta land I'm not sure that we've been completely aware of how AF just GUTTED its program and partner earnings. Keeping ALL earnings at 100% is a big deal if you were thinking about that....

socrates Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm

well the good news is the WP version of the below email told us they would do their best to ensure our benefits continue to be honored and we'd (WP elites) would continue to receive EUA's until either WP is merged into SkyMiles or 10/24 whichever occurs first....I know there has been some discussion on the CO & NW threads about that