Reload this Page >

Which would you fly in J PHL-LON?

Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:17 pm
BHB
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star

I'm a PHL-based Delta GM and I need to do a quick turn to London (either LHR or LGW) in July, flying in J. I'd like to stick with ST, and my choices are NW, connecting in DTW (A330 for the long leg), AF, connecting in CDG (A330, and CO (757 for the TA leg), connecting in EWR (it's actually Amtrak for the PHL-EWR leg). All three are ~$3k. DL is about $2k more, so I'm not considering it. Thoughts?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

AF & NW have better seats (assuming you prefer flat/angle over recliner). AF has better wine. CO is the shortest total trip time. I'd probably take CO based on that since I think that overall you'll be comfortable enough and you'll probably just want to sleep going over anyways. The CO 752 all have AVOD in BF, as do the NW 330s; not sure about AF.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
What are the fare classes you're looking at?

If you're crediting to DL then CO R class doesn't get 150% mileage like other Business Class fares. At $3k I'm 99% sure its an R fare for CO and Z for NW and AF. NW & AF Z fares will both get you 150% mileage credit.

I'd lean pretty strongly to AF or NW. The CO seats aren't bad but the NW seats are a lot more confortable for sleeping.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:45 am
BHB
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
I ended up going with Z fares on NW. PHL-DTW-LHR on the outbound (3A on the A333); LHR-AMS-DTW-PHL on the return, for the chance to fly on the upper deck of the 744 (73k). $3k all-in. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.