Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

switching to CO, DL, NW

switching to CO, DL, NW

Old Mar 27, 2008, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
switching to CO, DL, NW

I have just emptied my Flying Blue account, and started thinking about switching to an USA-based program, in order to avoid paying fuel surcharge on award tickets.
By far I have mostly flown within Europe and Europe - South America, and I guess I will continue flying AF and AZ. I haven't got any upgrade on AF by far, and it does not bother me much that I will fly a different carrier than my FF program (I am also aware of the higher mileage needed to achieve status).

I have some questions about CO, DL, NW -
1) Does any of them offer one-way tickets with all Skyteam carriers?
2) Can I book award tickets on other skyteam carriers, like AF and AZ online, or I have to call?
3) Do I get the same availability (except the W class in AF reserved for their elites)?
Thanks a lot
Old Mar 27, 2008, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

1) Not for reward travel. CO is supposed to be introducing one-way rewards, but they will cost the same as a r/t reward; they'll just be easier to book as a one way.

2) All three offer some partner bookings online. CO offers AF, as does NW. I do not believe DL has AF online yet. None of them have AZ online.

3) Each carrier has some extra availability for their own elites.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 1:38 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
You can ask FB to dump all your remaining miles, at least into the NW program. I just did that. You should have an American mailing address though to do so.

Elite status transfers as well too.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I have been reading about this transfer a lot, but it seems quite problematic, like they take all your FB miles away but they don't appear in NW. Did everything work for you?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
You can ask FB to dump all your remaining miles, at least into the NW program. I just did that. You should have an American mailing address though to do so.

Elite status transfers as well too.
It is interesting to learn this. Is FB the only FF program that can do so? What about NW, DL,CO or AZ. Can they dump the miles to the rest of Skyteam airline?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tylorcl
It is interesting to learn this. Is FB the only FF program that can do so? What about NW, DL,CO or AZ. Can they dump the miles to the rest of Skyteam airline?
It is a NW/KL thing only, based on their partnership. They won't dump miles into any of the other carriers' programs.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:41 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Sent a letter to France (they actually started with a letter to me offering me the switch a few years ago), about 1 week later saw that the miles had deposited into my WP account, and a reply letter from FB in France confirmed the switch.

Surprisingly simple and efficient.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.