Delta or CO in Business to SAO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta or CO in Business to SAO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:46 am
Original Member

I also like the longer flight on CO. More time to sleep.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Thanks all. I will strongly consider CO. The fare on NW.com for CO metal was about 4k less than directly on CO. I may ink it today. I want to keep my miles with NW, so MEX is not an option. I did look at LAN, which I flew last year, but ticket is over $6k. Too bad, I LOVED their biz class product.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by 1worldtrader
Thanks all. I will strongly consider CO. The fare on NW.com for CO metal was about 4k less than directly on CO. I may ink it today. I want to keep my miles with NW, so MEX is not an option. I did look at LAN, which I flew last year, but ticket is over $6k. Too bad, I LOVED their biz class product.
Aeromexico is a Skyteam member that lets you earn miles on NW.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by hoyateach
my bad. Thanks for the correction. I checked and their fare is almost 2k more.

I have a reservation for LAX-GRU on CO and GRU-LAX on DL. (biz was not available on CO on the return). Guess I can compare the two myself now.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
my bad. Thanks for the correction. I checked and their fare is almost 2k more.

I have a reservation for LAX-GRU on CO and GRU-LAX on DL. (biz was not available on CO on the return). Guess I can compare the two myself now.
I'd take bets that the CO service will be better.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

please bookmark this thread so you can come back and let us know your thoughts. I too will put bets on CO, but anxious to hear your thoughts.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Have flown both CO and DL to/from EZE and DL from SCL. Give me the CO product....better/wider seats (though DL has more electronic adjustments available) and better food and dinner presentation. Also, CO elite baggage handling actually sends the yellow tagged bags out first. OTOH, the DL BizElite lounge at ATL has some nicer pre-flight snacks than the CO PC at IAH (no dedicated business-class lounge) if that's important.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:10 am

Programs: US Gold, CO Silver,HH Gold,*wood Gold
Just did this route with Delta on the way down (ATL) and CO on the way back through IAH. Hands down better experience on CO. DL has upgraded their biz class product recently (at least since the last time I flew DL biz class) and there are some nice touches to Delta's service as comapred to U and CO, but overall CO has IMHO the best product to South America currently. Unfortunately nobody has a lie flat seat to GRU or GIG (that I know of-maybe the 777 from EWR to GRU?) and South America in general, with little competition from the local carriers, is the last bastion of mediochre international travel for 8+ hour flights.

If seat comfort is important, I can tell you that I slept much better on the CO flt as the wide seats and comfy pillows made for a restful night. On DL the seats are a little too narrow and hard edged giving me a pretty lousy sleep on the way down.

The food and service on CO BF is first rate. Connectiong at IAH on the way back to LA was hassle free, faster than connecting in ATL and allowed me time to shower in the Prez club in terminal E letting me go straight to the office upon my return.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Moving to Skyteam and requesting a Sr. Mod to merge this thread with the one linked above. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.