Wiki Posts
Search

Which Program ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Question Which Program ?

A buddy of mine from the UK has just booked LON-ICN-SAN-NYC-LON, connecting on every leg through ATL, so he has a bunch of miles coming.

He does not fly very often - TATL every year or two and within EU once or twice per year.

Which ST program is most likely to be of use to him ? FB seems like the most obvious choice, but ......
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Check the fare and class eligibility first.

If you friend isn't going to travel enough to benefit from elite status, the AS FFP may be the best as it would allow accumulation on BA and other OW airline flights too.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Check the fare and class eligibility first.
Agreed.
Korean Air do offer lifetime status at 500k (elite) and 1m (E+) miles, so maybe he can reach it in a number of years, while still accumulating useful miles in the meantime.
The AS FFP is only useful if his European flights are confined to KL/AF. There is no earning for any other European Skyteam airline (and BA miles are best kept in an AY+ or Asia miles account, but that's a different discussion altogether).

Last edited by graraps; Nov 9, 2007 at 4:42 pm
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:21 pm

Have a somewhat similar question - based in HKG so where do I put some Skyteam miles ?

I'll collect around 20ishK per year (all in paid J or F) and could if it was worthwhile move one of my * trips over to ST (7-8 long hauls in paid J or F a year). Plus there's my CMB-JFK AZ miles need a home

Did the KLM status match ions ago - that was good, but is Flying Blue the right place to park the miles ? I guess what I really looking for is for a BD Diamond Club of the ST world (dream)...Would ideally like to get Silver (or equivalent) so I can short cut the check in lines on CO when in the States...

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by Eric the half a bee
Have a somewhat similar question - based in HKG so where do I put some Skyteam miles ?

I'll collect around 20ishK per year (all in paid J or F) and could if it was worthwhile move one of my * trips over to ST (7-8 long hauls in paid J or F a year). Plus there's my CMB-JFK AZ miles need a home

Did the KLM status match ions ago - that was good, but is Flying Blue the right place to park the miles ? I guess what I really looking for is for a BD Diamond Club of the ST world (dream)...Would ideally like to get Silver (or equivalent) so I can short cut the check in lines on CO when in the States...

Thanks
As you are in HK, if you ever fly BR then I'd suggest considering CO, as you can credit BR to CO; BR Transpacs will (mostly) get you EQM as well.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:55 pm

Thanks, but never fly them.

After browsing some of the threads, guess it's looking like FB.

Most important to me is to get status (for odd US domestic sector - occasionally in Y to get in the elite security line if available)

Lounges - don't need (have an Amex and Priority Pass - covers most of them)

Flights would mostly be KE, maybe AF, little bit of DL and CO...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.