Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

AF Lounge Location in CDG 2A?

Old Jun 24, 07, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - DM(2MM); Starwood Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold; Hyatt - Platinum

I'll be flying CO BF next month, CDG-IAH and have noticed that, more often than not, the flight has been departing from gates 37-39, instead of 48-52. The skyteam website lists only one AF lounge in 2A, near gate 52. Is there another option closer to gates 37-39? If not, what lounge would I use? I know there's an AA AC out there, but don't think a CO passenger, even in BF, would have access, n'est-ce pas? And I sure don't want to walk from gate 52 to 37 since that involves going up and down a significant set of stairs in the middle of 2A which would be somewhat difficult for me since I'm moderately mobility challenged.
Old Jun 28, 07, 9:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
I'll be flying CO BF next month, CDG-IAH and have noticed that, more often than not, the flight has been departing from gates 37-39, instead of 48-52. The skyteam website lists only one AF lounge in 2A, near gate 52. Is there another option closer to gates 37-39? If not, what lounge would I use? I know there's an AA AC out there, but don't think a CO passenger, even in BF, would have access, n'est-ce pas? And I sure don't want to walk from gate 52 to 37 since that involves going up and down a significant set of stairs in the middle of 2A which would be somewhat difficult for me since I'm moderately mobility challenged.
Unfortunately, I believe that that is the only AF lounge in Terminal 2A. And yes, you won't have access to the AA AC as a CO BF passenger.
Old Jul 2, 07, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Thumbs down

If you happen to have any status with Cathay Pacific, they have a lounge at the top of the stairs in the middle of CDG 2A. Also, Air Canada has its lounge near AA under gates 37-39. What you say is ironical considering that AA often boards in the high 40s, as far from it's AC as you would be from the AF lounge.

Blame this on ADP, Aeroports de Paris, which is in bed with AF and seems to enjoy making life difficult for AF's competitors, especially (I thought) AA which is the only US non-Skyteam airline at CDG 2. I have often suggested that the Port of NY Authority should find itself "unable" to park AF at JFK close to its facilities for a month "just to show them", but to no avail. Also the fact that the highest ranking executive of a certain mentioned airline at CDG is a total wimp does not help.
Old Jul 4, 07, 9:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult View Post
ADP, Aeroports de Paris, which is in bed with AF and seems to enjoy making life difficult for AF's competitors
Given that ADP has been responsible for AF having 2E delayed by about four years and S3 by 18 months, they have a lot to make up for the disruptions to AF operations and the additional costs incurred by AF.