Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

How Many/Which Skyteam Members Flown?

How Many/Which Skyteam Members Flown?

Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM
AF, AZ, CO, DL, KL, NW, SU ... with most of my flying on DL.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
AF, CO, DL, KL, NW, OK, SU here.

Out of 3 or 4 round-trips I had scheduled on AF, I believe I flew them one-way once - the rest were cancelled/delayed and I was rerouted
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Talking

Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Sadly, the top Skyteam airline doesnt come close to anything Star has to offer.
I find it difficult - really difficult - to believe that US Airways is better than every SkyTeam carrier out there. But then, I grew up near Philadelphia.

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
I agree that overall Star Alliance has better quality airlines with greater coverage of the globe
I wouldn't say "better" so much as "different." Seriously. Every carrier has their holes. SkyTeam's biggest weakness is definitely Australia. Star's is South America (really - Air Canada has more flights down there than United, what gives?) and sub-Saharan Africa (you have to fly to Johannesburg, then turn around and fly north again). Of course, Star at least has an African member, unlike, say, Oneworld.

Originally Posted by dmitri
Out of 3 or 4 round-trips I had scheduled on AF, I believe I flew them one-way once - the rest were cancelled/delayed and I was rerouted
You lucky!

But seriously, AF seems great as long as Paris is either your origin or destination. It's just the combination of 1-hour connections and the inter-terminal bus that drives me insane.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Originally Posted by DanTravels
I find it difficult - really difficult - to believe that US Airways is better than every SkyTeam carrier out there. But then, I grew up near Philadelphia.

I wouldn't say "better" so much as "different." Seriously. Every carrier has their holes. SkyTeam's biggest weakness is definitely Australia. Star's is South America (seriously - Air Canada has more flights down there than United, what gives?) and sub-Saharan Africa (you have to fly to Johannesburg, then turn around and fly north again). Of course, Star at least has an African member, unlike, say, Oneworld.

You lucky!

But seriously, AF seems great as long as Paris is either your origin or destination. It's just the combination of 1-hour connections and the inter-terminal bus that drives me insane.
= Ok agreed. I meant that the best of Skyteam is not closer to any of the top Star airlines..

Sky has more gaps than Australia. There is a HUGE gap for Sky in Asia ... ICN is a great hub going from NAM to Asia; nothing beyond. They need MH. Sky is also absent completely in Africa. KQ is yet to join remember. Then, Sky is ALSO absent in Latin America.

While all the alliances have their deficiencies in terms of reach, Sky is probably the most northern hemisphere euro-atlantic alliance out there. Think of it ...

-A.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
SU
NW
CO
DL
AF
KL
OK
KE
AZ

everyone but AM, seems like (do we now count Tarom and Air Europa as ST? I have not flown them, but are they full fledged members?)
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Sky has more gaps than Australia. There is a HUGE gap for Sky in Asia ... ICN is a great hub going from NAM to Asia; nothing beyond. They need MH.
I think you mean Southeast Asia. With NW, KE and SU in, and CZ coming aboard, ST has pretty impressive coverage in northern and central Asia, IMHO. But I agree, actual membership for MH, instead of a hodgepodge of codeshare and mileage partner agreements, would be great.

Sky is also absent completely in Africa. KQ is yet to join remember.
KQ isn't an official member yet, but I've done my share of miles on KL and KQ to/from/in Africa, and (probably thanks to the 25% KL ownership) it's pretty seamless. And with NBO as a hub, I don't have to backtrack as much as I would going through JNB. Plus, ST members in Europe have pretty good service to sub-Saharan Africa - for example, I can and do fly direct from Europe to Entebbe. Star is only more useful if you're going to northern Africa.

Then, Sky is ALSO absent in Latin America.
AeroMexico will, no doubt, be startled to hear this! Okay, okay, you mean South America, and yes, there's no SkyTeam airline based there. And I'll grant that due to LAN, any alliance other than Oneworld is largely a joke when it comes to South America.

But while Oneworld has the most flights in South America, SkyTeam actually serves as many countries (9) as OneWorld (though not all the same countries - OneWorld serves Paraguay and Uruguay; SkyTeam serves French Guiana and Suriname), while Star only serves 7. Just a thought.

And as I've pointed out somewhere on FlyerTalk before, people flying from the US to South America can choose from 3 destinations on one airline on Star, or six destinations on two airlines on SkyTeam... unless they want to connect through Canada, since AC inexplicably has better coverage than UA.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Aeromexico
Air France
Alitalia
Czech Airlines
Delta Airlines
KLM
Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:31 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Thumbs up Seven Plus

I have flown seven SkyTeam Airlines. They are:
Delta
Continental
Northwest
Air France
KLM
Alitalia
Korean

Lately, I have been doing a lot of flying on and getting my SkyMiles on SkyWest, Alaska, and Horizon. Actually, I find Horizon to be a very good Airline both on the ground and in the air. ^ :-: @:-)
Old Mar 17, 2007, 4:33 pm

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
Abrelosojos,
Concerning Africa, I beg to differ... AF, KLM and AZ offer an excellent african network already and will do even better with KQ on board. I am not saying that Skyteam is the best but we certainly offer the best possibilities to European and Americans to reach most points in Africa. Star alliance with SAA is too South Africa centric and you need to fly 11 hours down to JNB to fly back up to BKO for example.
Here is the list of African and Middle East cities served by ALL Skyteam carriers and the number of weekly flights to which ST hubs from the 17 june :

Marrakech-Paris 14
Casablanca-Paris 32 -Milan 7
Rabat-Paris 14
Algiers-Paris 21 -Milan 7 -Rome7
Tripoli-Rome 7 -Milan 7 -Amsterdam 4
Tunis-Paris 35 -Milan 14 -Rome 7
Cairo-Paris 10 -Milan 14 -Rome 7 -Amsterdam 7 -Prague 3 -Moscow 3
Amman-Paris 7
Tel Aviv-Paris 14 -Amsterdam 7 -Milan 14 -Rome 7 -Prague 7 -Moscow
Beyrouth-Paris 7 -Milan 10 -Prague 6 -Moscow 2
Damascus-Paris 5 -Milan 4 -Moscow 3
Kuwait-Amsterdam 5 -Prague 2
Dammam- Amsterdam 4
Bahrain -Amsterdam 3
Dubai-Paris 12 -Amsterdam 10 -Milan 6 -Prague 3 -Moscow 7
Abu Dhabi-Amsterdam 3
Ryiad-Paris 7
Jeddah-Paris 4
Djibouti-Paris 1
Addis Abeba-Amsterdam 3
Khartoum-Amsterdam 3
Entebbe-Amsterdam 3
Nairobi-Amsterdam 7
Kilimanjaro-Amsterdam 3
Dar Es Salaam-Amsterdam 3
Antananarivo-Paris 5
Reunion Island-Paris 7
Mauritius-Paris 4
Johannesburg-Paris 12 -Amsterdam 7 -Atlanta/dakar 7
Capetown-Amsterdam 5
Luanda-Paris 1 -Moscow 1
Brazzaville-Paris 3
Pointe Noire-Paris 3
Kinshasa-Paris 3
Libreville-Paris 4
Bangui-Paris 1
Yaounde-Paris 3
Douala-Paris 4
Malabo-Paris 4
Port Harcourt-Paris 5
Abuja-Amsterdam 3
Kano-Amsterdam 3
N'Djamena-Paris 6
Lagos-Paris 7 -Amsterdam 7 -Milan 6
Cotonou-Paris 5
Lome-Paris 3
Accra-Amsterdam 7 -Milan 6 -New York 4
Abidjan-Paris 7
Niamey-Paris 2
Ouagadougou-Paris 3
Bamako-Paris 7
Conakry-Paris 4
Dakar-Paris 7 -Milan 7 -Atlanta 7
Nouakchott-Paris 5

I believe with all these flights and destination Skyteam is very well present on the African continent.
It is absolutely true about Australia and South East Asia but Skyteam has a very good coverage of Africa...
With Kenya Airways Skyteam will add the following destinations : Kigali, Bujumbura, Lubumbashi, Freetown, Zanzibar, Maputo, Lilongwe, Harare, Lusaka, Mahé on the international network and Mombasa, Kisumu, Malindi and Lamu on the Kenyan domestic network.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
The past eight months exclusively with SU(cks) and KL. Before then,

NW
CO
DL
AF
OK
KE
AZ

I'm really down on SU and just about anything having to do with the ex-Soviet Union right now. I can't wait to get out of this garbage pit, fortunately it will be Biz class FRU-IST-JFK-CVG in July with TK/DL.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:50 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
For me NW, KL, DL, CO, and air europa. I was suppose to be on KQ however, they cancelled my flight and rebooked on Rwanda Air Express.

My BF is NW, KL, DL, CO, AZ.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: FB Silver / Spanair Plus Silver
I've flown on:

KLM
Air France
CSA
Alitalia
Korean Air
Delta
Continental

and I've flown and I'll fly with the new member: Air Europa
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
AF, AZ, CO, KL, NW, OK & SU for me, but mainly KL by far.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Bulk of my travel is between Delta (for UK-US travel) and KLM (UK-Asia travel). I use KE for as much intra Asia flights as possible (some of these being code share with China Southern or China Airlines). AZ for the occasional UK-Italy trips. NW for UK-US only when price/availability is much better tham Delta. Took my first AF flight from CDG to HKG last week, only because I was bumped from the KLM flight due to missed connection!

Hell, I must be a Skyteam junkie!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by allenkeys
Bulk of my travel is between Delta (for UK-US travel) and KLM (UK-Asia travel). I use KE for as much intra Asia flights as possible (some of these being code share with China Southern or China Airlines). AZ for the occasional UK-Italy trips. NW for UK-US only when price/availability is much better tham Delta. Took my first AF flight from CDG to HKG last week, only because I was bumped from the KLM flight due to missed connection!

Hell, I must be a Skyteam junkie!
Yep, you qualify. Let me know the next time you go KE. I'm in South Korea alot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.