AF's intro page on ST website

Old Feb 19, 07, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC

Just found this on the ST website:

Originally Posted by SkyTeam Website
Air France is the 3rd world airline for international passenger transport, <snip>

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/aboutSkyteam/aboutAF.jsp

Seems someone really needs to learn a little English grammar!
Old Feb 19, 07, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Well, parts of CDG feels third world.
Old Feb 19, 07, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
sometimes true
Old Feb 20, 07, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
thanks for pointing this out.
I sent the link to a responsable at AF headquarters in CDG - lets wait and see
Old Feb 20, 07, 2:04 am

Heh. Aeroflot's slogan "Sincerly your, Aeroflot" isn't as funny, but still a bit awkward in English.
Old Feb 21, 07, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
On the same page I find this a lot more amusing:
The Air France hub at Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle is recognised as being one of the most efficient and competitive in Europe
Old Feb 21, 07, 3:07 am

Programs: UA, DL, HA, QF (ex-TW, AA, NW)
But CDG is competitive! Just ask any of the 300 people who're queued downstairs in 2C at 6:40 AM, trying to get onto a bus to 2F for their 7:20 connecting flight out of 2F!

As for third world... my last connecting flight out of 2F was on an "Air France by CityJet" BAe146, and as we crossed the channel, the captain came on the speaker and said to remember where the exits were, because "this is an old plane." Very reassuring.
Old Feb 21, 07, 4:24 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge , EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), SPG Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DanTravels View Post
But CDG is competitive! Just ask any of the 300 people who're queued downstairs in 2C at 6:40 AM, trying to get onto a bus to 2F for their 7:20 connecting flight out of 2F!

As for third world... my last connecting flight out of 2F was on an "Air France by CityJet" BAe146, and as we crossed the channel, the captain came on the speaker and said to remember where the exits were, because "this is an old plane." Very reassuring.
Similar comment from cityjet FA as we crossed the channel headed for CDG "Fingers crossed we will make it to Paris"

(Actually referring to a connection ....)
Old Feb 21, 07, 5:07 pm

Heh!

Ah, making it to Paris is one thing; making it between parts of terminal 2 is quite another. Not somewhere I ever plan to accept a tight connection again. (And besides, it leaves me with no time to enjoy the Air France Salon!)
Old Feb 24, 07, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by DanTravels View Post

I like CityJet, means I don't have to fly EI or FR to DUB plus they're starting their exciting new route network next month (although according to that pilot, the excitement must be whether or not you survive the trip).

However, any nervous flyers on that aircraft are now likely to avoid the airline because of that comment. Particularly if they know about the incident last Tuesday with a CityJet aircraft that put London's main airport out of action for a few hours.

CityJet have proven to be fairly reliable for me and they are also modernising their fleet by buying up all the bankrupt stock of a Northwest airlines regional subsidary. Despite the age of their current fleet I think they've been without major incident. The incident last week was caused by a burst tyre and no one was hurt.
Old Feb 26, 07, 1:11 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by layz View Post
However, any nervous flyers on that aircraft are now likely to avoid the airline because of that comment. Particularly if they know about the incident last Tuesday with a CityJet aircraft that put London's main airport out of action for a few hours.
Erm. London City (LCY) is, despite its admittedly central location, far from being "London's main airport." It's a single-runway, no-taxiways type of field. That'd be like calling Meigs Field (back when it was still there) "Chicago's main airport." LCY ranks behind Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.