Wiki Posts
Search

AF or AZ C class AMS-CCS??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
AF or AZ C class AMS-CCS??

I am going to fly in c-class to ccs and i was wondering which airline should i choose.Are the seats on the AZ B767 really that bad compered to the AF c class seats, how is the food and how is it to transfer at FCO airport since i have to change planes there on my outbound flight??Thanks for your replies in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sh1982
I am going to fly in c-class to ccs and i was wondering which airline should i choose.Are the seats on the AZ B767 really that bad compered to the AF c class seats, how is the food and how is it to transfer at FCO airport since i have to change planes there on my outbound flight??Thanks for your replies in advance.
It depends if you get the new seats. AF new seats seem nice.AZ new seats are being refitted. Old AZ seat is ok but sub par for Intercontinental C class. Transfer at FCO is way better than CDG IMHO, but that is not hard, CDG being the worst airport in europe! Price is also an issue; I bet AZ is cheaper ex-AMS.If you are redeeming miles, go AF, better value I guess.If you pay you'll get extra miles for flying via FCO/MXP, you can transit both if you are looking to maximize miles.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Fly AF, even with the pain of CDG. Just give yourself enough time to make the transfer. You're going in C, so you can enjoy the lounge assuming the connection doesn't take too long.

I just flew AZ on the 767 and have been more comfortable in Y on other carriers.

AF flies the route on a 744, which may be configured in their CIO arrangement, which I don't think is getting the new C seats, so it may actually be a wash in terms of comfort. But I was disappointed in the AZ I did last week.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
thanks for your replies.I think i gonna go with AF then i am sure that i will get the new seats and the food also looks much nicer, also in price there is only €150 difference so that isnt that much.I really dont mind changing at CDG i never understand why so many people have problems there, i never had any problems sure it is a walk sometimes from one terminal to the other but i dont mind that really.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
AF flies the route on a 744, which may be configured in their CIO arrangement, which I don't think is getting the new C seats,
Unless I am mistaken, CDG-CCS flights are operated with mainline aircrafts, not CIO ones.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:17 am

Programs: FB PE, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, IC RA
Originally Posted by MACH81
It depends if you get the new seats. AF new seats seem nice.AZ new seats are being refitted. Old AZ seat is ok but sub par for Intercontinental C class. Transfer at FCO is way better than CDG IMHO, but that is not hard, CDG being the worst airport in europe! Price is also an issue; I bet AZ is cheaper ex-AMS.If you are redeeming miles, go AF, better value I guess.If you pay you'll get extra miles for flying via FCO/MXP, you can transit both if you are looking to maximize miles.
moreover AZ gives you 150% in C-class, while AF 200%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.