Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam fares vs DL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2002, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
SkyTeam fares vs DL

This has gotten so blasted complicated that I suggest that Delta issue the new guidelines -- especially the SkyTeam qualifying fares -- in PC, Mac, Palm and PocketPC formats so that us poor travelers can try to make sense of it without carrying a 30-page guidbook or connecting to the Internet whenever we go shopping for tix.

H vs K vs G vs C vs H vs... well, with each partner there are 20+ possible fare codes. I can't memorize which give credit and which don't, and I can say from experience that my Amex travel agent is only correct 80% of the time, at best.

The ill effects of the revamped medallion program will ripple through the partner airlines unless DL makes some useful tools for explaining all of the subtle nuances, some of which are deeply buried in footnotes at the DL web site.

One big start would be a unified SkyTeam schedule, like the Star Alliance has. My Palm-based Star Alliance sked came in awfully handy during a trip to Europe a few weeks ago; had SkyTeam a similar tool, I might have flown AF instead of UK. This tool might also reveal the qualifying miles for the proposed itinerary based on the various fare codes.

In any case, I need some mechanical help when I buy my next tix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.