Which Program for my German Friends?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist

We have some friends who live in Germany and just flew to the US, across, and back. I don't want them to "waste" any miles. Their trans-atlantic flights were on *A and I'll get them UA MP accts.

Their us dom flights were on DL & CO. I'm mostly familiar with the NW WP program. So my question is, which program is optimal for them.

They fly little. They will never get elite. They don't want the miles to expire. It'll take years to accumulate miles. Goal would be coach flights.

They could use my us address or their german one.

So NW, DL, or CO?

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2006, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
KL/AF gives you 100% miles on all CO and DL booking classes and miles do not expire, if you fly once every 3 years.
Old May 23, 2006, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by cfischer
KL/AF gives you 100% miles on all CO and DL booking classes and miles do not expire, if you fly once every 3 years.

Are you sure, I was looking at KLM's website and most of their affordable fares seem to offer only 25% or is that for its members?
Old May 23, 2006, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are you sure, I was looking at KLM's website and most of their affordable fares seem to offer only 25% or is that for its members?
I am absolutely certain, no idea what KL webpage you are looking at . All CO and DL revenue fare classes earn 100% (150% for C/F). I fly quite a bit of CO and DL on rock-bottom fares and I always earn 100%. Never heard anything about 25%, nor have I seen this myself.
Old May 23, 2006, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am absolutely certain, no idea what KL webpage you are looking at . All CO and DL revenue fare classes earn 100% (150% for C/F). I fly quite a bit of CO and DL on rock-bottom fares and I always earn 100%. Never heard anything about 25%, nor have I seen this myself.
My apologies, I was misunderstood it as reverse i.e. CO and DL members earning 100% of revenue flights on AF/KL especially those booked thru their website.
Old May 23, 2006, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
My apologies, I was misunderstood it as reverse i.e. CO and DL members earning 100% of revenue flights on AF/KL especially those booked thru their website.
no problem, AFAIK DL Skymiles members get full miles on all AF booking classes (not KL). The thing is complex, I agree. For a European member flying on CO and DL, FB is not a bad program.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:17 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
A partner in Europe may be an option in they fly with in Europe plus they may have other programs that would be easy to take advantage of within Europe.

Last edited by hobarthoney; May 23, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.