Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

AZ Lounges at MXP, FCO, and LCA for those on the YYZ-LCA bandwagon and more!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:28 am
Original Poster

I'm starting this thread here as it seems a more appropriate place to discuss lounge and other non-ticketing issues regarding the YYZ-LCA crew. That way people don't have to wade through a ton of posts about this in the main thread.

My question is which is the nicest club in FCO? I'd imagine any of them are nicer than the ones at MXP, which, although the last time I was there was 2003, is one of the worst airports in Western Europe, IMHO. And what's this Schengen business? Could someone explain that? Thanks.

- Andy

Last edited by coolw12; Apr 28, 2006 at 3:56 am Reason: broaden scope of thread
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:22 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
In FCO and MXP all alitalia lounges suck (overcrowded, limited offerings, furniture reminiscent of the 80s, claustrophobic).

If you can head over to the Air France lounges at MXP and FCO (both in Schengen area), they are nicer though nothing exceptional.

Link to more information regarding Schengen is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

As a traveller it means less checks (ie not going through security again if flying schengen to schengen via a schengen hub).

However you will be flying Non-Schengen to Non-Schengen if indeed flying Toronto - Milan/Rome - Larnaca.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by GVA
As a traveller it means less checks (ie not going through security again if flying schengen to schengen via a schengen hub).
I believe it is about not going through passport control by immigration officials. But in many cases, you still need to go through security, even when flying Schengen to Schengen via a Schengen hub.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GVA
If you can head over to the Air France lounges at MXP and FCO (both in Schengen area), they are nicer though nothing exceptional.
I don't think you will get AF lounge access when flying AZ, unless you are ST E+. I believe C-class only gives you access to lounges of the operating carrier.
Old May 2, 2006, 6:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Has anybody suggested doing something nice for Niccolo? Like taking up a collection or buying a nice gift of cigars or whatever?
Old May 2, 2006, 7:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by anonplz
Has anybody suggested doing something nice for Niccolo? Like taking up a collection or buying a nice gift of cigars or whatever?
Yes, it's been mentioned in the YYZ-LCA mega-thread and via some PMs. No one has yet volunteered to be the point person on the matter. It would be nice to have something put together that's a "big bang" of sorts so that he won't only have nightmares when hears Larnaca or Cyprus mentioned.
Old May 2, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, it's been mentioned in the YYZ-LCA mega-thread and via some PMs. No one has yet volunteered to be the point person on the matter. It would be nice to have something put together that's a "big bang" of sorts so that he won't only have nightmares when hears Larnaca or Cyprus mentioned.
One thing that would be worth noting is AZ's gift policies, if any - many companies, and especially many airlines, have rather strict ethics rules prohibiting or restricting gifts to employees by customers.
Old May 2, 2006, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
One thing that would be worth noting is AZ's gift policies, if any - many companies, and especially many airlines, have rather strict ethics rules prohibiting or restricting gifts to employees by customers.
Rules which prohibit accepting gifts but not gifting them.

Alternatively, maybe give a donation on his behalf to make-a-wish or something.

Just throwing ideas out there...

EDIT: Anyway, I agree with others that such a thing needs to happen at some point long after all changes have been made, so as to avoid appearance of impropriety. And while I think we are all simply grateful to him, we do need to recognize that he could (theoretically) get into serious trouble, so maybe just make a mental note to raise this discussion in mid-summer/early fall and see how people think at that time.
Old May 2, 2006, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I like the "if any" part. This is AZ after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.