Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot is in! Or are they???

Aeroflot is in! Or are they???

Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
One thing the french newspaper doesn't know is that AF itself does not have a good reputation on safety, either.
I think SU has some of the best-trained pilots in the world.
At least the older ones.

Originally Posted by Andrius
From tonight's Evening Standard

Skyteam alliance looks east with Aeroflot onboard

Aeroflot will join the Skyteam airline alliance beginning of April, enabling the Russian carrier to share passengers with [Skyteam members listed].

The deal is a gamble for the alliance, which has to weigh Aeroflot's unmipressive reputation against the advantages of extending its network and opening up the east European market.

According to French newspaper La Tribune, Aeroflot will only be allowed to code-share on routes where it is using modern Airbus and Boeing aircraft. (...)
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by apoivre
SU stopped flying to the Maldives a couple of years ago (and even then, these were charter flights). Must have been some other Russian airline
I am almost positive it was SU. I even took a picture of it (it looks blue through the tainted windows of the Male BC lounge). Maybe it is a charter given the fact that they looked like a group of tourists only with a lot of children (what else would you do in the Maldives? ) I will check my picture and then I will be certain, but it was an old Ilyushin 86 and I remember it coming toward the lounge and then turning and I saw the old Aeroflot livery on it. Then I saw the last passengers boarding it through the under-belly retracting stairs as I boarded my UL A340 airplane.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
apoivre a check on Aeroflot schedule does show they do not fly regularly to Male. I will try to post the picture I have or correct my mistake if I made one
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I will check my picture and then I will be certain, but it was an old Ilyushin 86 and I remember it coming toward the lounge and then turning and I saw the old Aeroflot livery on it.
Some of the Babyflots haven't come around to put a fresh coat of paint on their metal so whenever one sees the old livery one can almost be sure it's not SU. (Like this one. Or the RA-86555 which apparently is used by the Russian gov't).
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by apoivre
Some of the Babyflots haven't come around to put a fresh coat of paint on their metal so whenever one sees the old livery one can almost be sure it's not SU. (Like this one. Or the RA-86555 which apparently is used by the Russian gov't).
Alright, I went to check my pictures and it is VERY blue through the tainted window, but you can definitely see the Aeroflot name and livery and yes it is an old livery, so I'll rely on you to tell me that it is not really Aeroflot. I am not sure where to post that picture, but if you want it, PM me
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:45 am

I wondering how earning on SU flights will be under different programs like Skymiles and Flying Blue. Hopefully if they dont restrict earning under cheap fare classes there will be some good opportunities for Mileage Runs...

It will also be interesting to see how good they will be at getting miles to post automatically...
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:12 pm
Suspended

It wasn't on SkyTrax. Check out http://www.smarttravelasia.com/airlinepoll.htm
That is probably the worst description of airline seats I have ever seen.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by lewinr
I wondering how earning on SU flights will be under different programs like Skymiles and Flying Blue. Hopefully if they dont restrict earning under cheap fare classes there will be some good opportunities for Mileage Runs...

It will also be interesting to see how good they will be at getting miles to post automatically...

you're right... that will open a lot of opportuinities for MR - especially on SU domestic .. SVO-VVO is 3991 miles. return ticket is somewhere around $580...

AX
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by AX9465
you're right... that will open a lot of opportuinities for MR - especially on SU domestic .. SVO-VVO is 3991 miles. return ticket is somewhere around $580...

AX
I like C class MR if I can make some and SU has some good C fares all over the map. But is their C service any good?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
I like C class MR if I can make some and SU has some good C fares all over the map. But is their C service any good?
Have a look at the Other European branch, some posters seem to think quite a lot of it (European flights on A319/20/21, at least)
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:22 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
We flew J ULN-SVO last year, and were impressed with the service. Certainly no SQ or CX, but better than most US-based airlines service now (not saying much!)
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:53 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
It appears that April 14 may be the date.

From today's Moscow Times:
Aeroflot to Join SkyTeam

Aeroflot on April 14 will enter the SkyTeam airline group led by Air France-KLM, Europe's biggest airline, offering travelers better access to growing markets in the former Soviet Union.

Air France-KLM CEO Jean-Cyril Spinetta will fly to Moscow to welcome Aeroflot to SkyTeam, Aeroflot deputy CEO Lev Koshlyakov said Tuesday in a telephone interview from Moscow. [...] (Bloomberg)
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
What would you all do with almost 8,000 Aeroflot Miles and Gold level in FB? Get another 2,000 miles for SU and redeem it for a Europe- Moscow flight? - And then use FB from then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.