Very quick credit on Delta FFP with an Air France flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2001, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)

I t made a flight with Air France on amrch the 6th, and teh miles were posted 5 days after on the Skymiles program.
To my knowledge, it is the FIRST TIME that I see automatic credit coming from one company to the other so quick.

Did you experiment something equivalent recently ?
Has something finally changed ?
Old Mar 14, 2001, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I just flew a DL flight operated by AM and the mileage posted to my SkyMiles account on the same day.... (amazing).
Old Mar 14, 2001, 3:50 pm

Gaucho100K
Did the miles actually pos the same day? Not even if I fly SAS and credit the flight to EuroBonus I get the points the same day. My record for miles into another airline would be 3 days for a SAS flight to be in my Aeroplan account.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I flew KE to BKK last month and one segment posted in 24 hours to my AF account. All my other SkyTeam flights have posted within 4 days. I have never seen a partner flight post that fast though.
Old Mar 15, 2001, 8:12 am
Original Member

DL posts DL-ticketed (DL-operated and code-share) flights remarkably quickly - usually by the time the flight lands!

Many on this board have had problems with AF flights crediting to their accounts. My last few have credited without me having to send in the boarding passes. Sounds like DL may have been sick of receiving letters requesting unposted AF mileage credit and told AF to get in gear.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
I would agree:
My return flight was posted in less than three days (sorry, I should have stay on face of my screen to be sure of the delay )
It is really the first time in 3 years that I do not even have to write a complain.
Finally, may be (may be..) Dl has some influence. Good for us, good for Air France too.
Old Mar 20, 2001, 4:34 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The only problem with AF I have never had so far were the miles. They posted within 3 to 10 days.
Codeshare flights on a DL ticket posted as regular DL flights did - no problem.
Old Jun 25, 2001, 10:25 pm

I stand to be corrected. All three of my May flights had problems posting to AF.

On two flights only the out bound flights were credited and one whole RT was not credited. They were all on DL aircraft and my FP number was on all the boarding passes.

AF was doing OK the beginning of the year. I don't know what happened.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Coming back on this thread, I want absolutely to make a new status:

Flights on AF, credit requested on Delta, when booking or getting the barding pass:

March : 2 flight, 2 credit in less then 3 days,

April: 2 flights, nothing credited today, even if Delta wrote me on a letter that his will be done !

June: 2 flights, nothing. One of the boarding pass shows explicitely that the crdit is on delta

July : 1 flight: Nothing.

Does somebody here still think that Skyteam works ?
Old Jul 15, 2001, 11:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Does somebody here still think that Skyteam works ? </font>
Well, I've had my share of problems with other alliances or partnerships:

- * alliance : 2 months to credit my TG flight to my LH miles & more account
- * alliance : my early June SK flight not credited to my LH miles & more account
- Marriotrewards : 2 months to credit a stay in a Courtyard to my AC Aeroplan account
- Asiana : three months to credit my flight to my AA Advantage account.

When my miles or points have not been credited a month after my flight or stay, I usually send a letter in order to get the credit. In this respect, Qualiflyer, its present economic shape notwithstanding, allows me to claim the missing miles on-line, which is better than sending a letter.

I agree that there is still lots of room for improvement in Skyteam, but I believe that Skyteam as a whole, and AF specifically are going in the right direction.

Just my personal opinion.

PS some perspective from the OW side

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000887.html

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old Jul 19, 2001, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
[BWhen my miles or points have not been credited a month after my flight or stay, I usually send a letter in order to get the credit. In this respect, Qualiflyer, its present economic shape notwithstanding, allows me to claim the missing miles on-line, which is better than sending a letter.
[/URL][B]</font>
Just sent my third letter two day ago, complaining the first time about the 2 last flights, and for the thid time about the ones of april.
Would like to be able to do that by mail or on-line.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 7:04 pm

felis I don't know why you are having so many problems. Everytime I have missing flight credits I wait 2 weeks then fax AF the boarding passes. They credit my account within 2 weeks.

I know you are Elite on DL not AF and you are in France and not the US but it shouldn't be so painful.

I have never had to correspond with and airline 2 or 3 times to get credit.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:22 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
DL credits the moment your board! With only some exceptions in the Airports

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
Old Jul 26, 2001, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChanelCinq:
felis I don't know why you are having so many problems. Everytime I have missing flight credits I wait 2 weeks then fax AF the boarding passes. They credit my account within 2 weeks.</font>
Me too.
Tthat's the delay when I fly with AF and want credit on AF.
But this time is over.

I fly on AF and want the cedit on Delta.
That's my right, but I suspect this is the reason why I have so many problems.

They make it wrong, they do not forward the credit,...
Bad time for me.

Old Jul 29, 2001, 12:19 pm

felis I guess I didn't make myself clear in my previous post. All my flights have been on KE and DL posting to AF. I have yet to fly AF this year although I think I am going to France for New Years (on AF).

So if you are saying the AF is messing up by not forwarding the credit then I guess DL is messing up in my case. I think it is a combination.

I received my copy of InsideFlyer yesterday and Randy mentions something about SkyTeamNet. I did a search in Yahoo and here and doc had posted something about it in May. It may not mean anything but it can only help.

I can't yet post the forum links but here is a copy of the article: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010522/attu003_2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.