Search

Help needed in ticketing for travel from India

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, Jet Airways, Alitalia, British Airways
Help needed in ticketing for travel from India

Hi,

My dad needs to fly from BOM (Mumbai, India) to SNA (Santa Ana, Orange County, California) and return from SJC (San Jose, California) to BOM (Mumbai, India)

I wanted to know which travel agents in India are well versed in Sky Team rules as i want to purchase the cheapest mile earning economy upgradeable fare for him on a Sky Team Airlines. Barring AeroMexico all other Sky Team airlines fly out of BOM.

I will be using FB miles (KLM-AirFrance) for doing the upgrade to business class.

Thanks for your responses.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 9:10 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I have no idea of the competency of any travel agents in India. If you want to upgrace using FB miles, then you will have to fly either AF or KLM to the USA. I would also suggest that you fly from Europe to the farthest point west in the USA that you can, as you most likely will not be able to upgrade easily on the USA portions with FB miles (it may be possible with NW or CO but definately not with DL).

AF has daily flights to LAX and SFO. I think that I would use this option instead of SNA and SJC. This way you could have the nice seat all the way and skip the extra connection. Your father will probably need to rent a car anyway, or there are airport shuttle bus options, and of course taxis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.