Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW reward routing questions???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

RTW reward routing questions???

if you know of a thread that i can search, could you please inform me.

id like to do a RTW using my CO miles in at least biz class.

id like to do, US, EU, Asia, south pac, SA and back to US. the skyteam website is very vague. is that even possible?

also, i read somewhere that dmestic or intra EU travel, ie alitalia london-rome or CO lax-msy, is in coach even though you're on a biz reward. is this true.

any info would be great.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:07 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
A subject I know something about!!

I do a couple of RTWs every year in Business.

1. Travel in the EU is in Business with a J class RTW ticket. Domestic USA travel (at least on Delta, not sure for CO and NW) is in Y but can be upgraded to F with a USD$100 per leg surcharge at time of booking.

SE Asia/Pacific can be difficult due to Skyteam's lack a partner in the area. You will be stuck hubbing through ICN or NRT, which increases the miles and flying time. Remember that "open jaw" segments are allowed on Skyteam without penalty (OW charges miles against your allotment for open jaws). You can use a few separate one way tickets for short hops in SE Asia/Pacific.

USA should not be difficult for you. Anywhere in Europe is easy with AF/KL/AZ/OK

When you say SA, is that South Africa or South America? I'll assume South America.

I would also suggest travelling west, rather than east. It's easier on the body. (I've done it both ways.)

If you can give specific countries, I could give better specific suggestions.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:08 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
There is also a sticky thread at the top of the previous page on Skyteam RTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.