Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Lounge in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Skyteam Lounge in Barcelona

I will be flying Delta BE to Barcelona in July and am wondering if there is a Skyteam lounge where I can kill some time in Barcelona. There are none listed on the Skyteam website.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:24 pm

I don't think that there is anything from SkyTeam available in Barcelona, but there may be an arrival lounge for BE. I would check with customer service.

The last thing I remember when I left BCN was that after a week of people understanding English I needed to get get ready to speak Spanish as I was flying to the US and booking into a hotel at JFK.

Last edited by CelticFlyer; Jun 3, 2005 at 5:17 am
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:47 pm

The B/E lounge in BCN is not a skyteam lounge rather a lounge operated by another non-airline entity (the name escapes me)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:15 am

Deleted - dupe.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
I don't think that there is anything from SkyTeam available in Barcelona, but there may be an arrival lounge for BE. I would check with customer service.

The last thing I remember when I left BCN was that after a week of people understanding English I needed to get get ready to speak Spanish as I was flying to the US and booking into a hotel at JFK.
I dunno, I think s NYers are a pretty mulit-lingual lot, but this reminds me of a time that I got off a plane in MIA and saw a lady wearing an "information" vest with a couple of big ?s on it.

Walked up to ask her how to get to another terminal, and she didn't speak a word of english!

(hmmm.. come to think of it, maybe I was on candid camera....)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
I dunno, I think s NYers are a pretty mulit-lingual lot.....
....and friendly too. This thought came up because on one trip I left a hotel in Barcelona, flew to JFK and while observing other guests in the lobby I was amused to notice that it was harder to communicate with the hotel staff in English at the hotel near JFK than it had been back in Barcelona. The irony amused me.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:08 pm
Original Member

From a visit a year ago, there was an AF lounge at BCN. I flew BCN-MAD of the BCN-MAD-JFK flight, then several days later flew MAD-ATL. Stupidly, they didn't run the BCN-MAD flight to connect to ATL same day.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:34 pm

Skyteam partners AZ and KL also use the aforementioned AF lounge in BCN, which is located in the Schengen area, under the same roof as non-Schengen departures.

Unlike at most EU airports, in BCN non-Schengen departing passengers must transit the Schengen area before proceeding to passport control, making it possible to use the facilities and lounges in the vastly more welcoming Schengen area.

AF's sugar-coated croissant-shaped pastries are not bad
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:37 pm

The is a SpanAir (Star Alliance) lounge in the terminal, if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.