Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what is Sky team FF program?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2005, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

what is Sky team FF program?

Just heard that there is a Sky Team Frequent flyer. Is this a program you join? or do you just get miles on partners put into your "home"FF program, e.g., Continental?
What are the advantages of joining ST? How do you join? What about rewards?
I am a gold Continental - is this ST elite, elite plus?
Thanks for any info!!
Old May 21, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Just heard that there is a Sky Team Frequent flyer. Is this a program you join? or do you just get miles on partners put into your "home"FF program, e.g., Continental?
What are the advantages of joining ST? How do you join? What about rewards?
I am a gold Continental - is this ST elite, elite plus?
Thanks for any info!!
ST doesn't have an alliance program into which miles can be deposited. As you suspected, elite membership in the program of any ST airline gets you a corresponding elite level in ST. OP Silver and Gold equates to ST Elite and OP Platinum gets you ST Elite Plus. Same with DL and (I assume) the others.
Old May 21, 2005, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLfan
OP Silver and Gold equates to ST Elite and OP Platinum gets you ST Elite Plus. Same with DL and (I assume) the others.
AFKL Gold= Elite Plus (as long as you are not resident in the US)
OK Gold = Elite Plus (top tier)
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:43 am

May I please ask: does this mean that within SkyTeam you only need to be elite on one of their airlines and the others recognize it? Does this really work?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Yes this does work. I am DL Platinum and get to use the KE business lounges at ICN (used to be the FC lounges, but they changed that last year). The list of benefits is available on the Skyteam web site (There are really not alot of benefits). My boarding passes on KE and AF all have "elite plus" printed on them.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, MX Exec, Meridien-SPG-Hilton Gold
I've even received at-the-gate upgrades from a LUT fare into Business Class on AF SFO-CDG, and into FC on AF DKR-CDG, because AF was recognizing my DL status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.