Wiki Posts
Search

BKK RTW Combinations

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, QF Platinum
BKK RTW Combinations

In addition to the three main alliances what other RTW combinations exist ex BKK? I know there is a EK/UA RTW for approx. TBH118,000 in Business Class. Particularly looking for information on CO and programs that allow travel to SYD. Thank you.
Old May 10, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by BryanBOS
In addition to the three main alliances what other RTW combinations exist ex BKK? I know there is a EK/UA RTW for approx. TBH118,000 in Business Class. Particularly looking for information on CO and programs that allow travel to SYD. Thank you.
There's always the KL/NW/CO/EK/MH/KQ et alia's Passsport To The World (MH will take you to SYD)
Old May 11, 2005, 6:46 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
SORRY, NW/CO and KLM do NOT participate in RTW SkyTeam Fares yet...

Via SkyTeam, SYD-BKK will be by KE and connection is in SEOUL. You would waste some miles here instead of TG direct from SYD-BKK.

Search for a thread that includes all this info and you will find it is worth doing so instead of posting a new thread.
Old May 11, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
KL/CO/NW do participate in the SkyTeam RTW. New fares were loaded April 15th.

However, the KL/CO/NW RTW which includes travel on MH, SA and other carriers does not include the other SkyTeam carriers (AF,DL,...).
Old May 11, 2005, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
I believe the World Journey fare would cover Sydney. This includes CO, NW,KLM, EK,AS,Copa, South Africa, Kenya, Air Europa, Malev, MH, Air Caledonia and a few other pacific carriers. To get to Sydney you could use Malaysia, Emirates or Air Caledonia via Tokyo to Noumea to Sydney. As others in other forums have mentioned , this combo may disappear as NW,CO,etc participate in the Skyteam RTW. I enquired through NW about this fare 3 weeks ago as I will probably be using this in July and August and the agent mentioned that it was still available for now. She could not tell me if this fare would disappear anytime this year.
Old May 12, 2005, 10:24 pm

World Journey Fare

God I hope that they keep that fare alive. I've used it three times now ex-BKK and the flexibility of routing is fantastic. Also the GSA for Continental in BKK does a really good job with the res. work.
Old May 13, 2005, 8:57 am

According to this website http://www.airtimetable.com/around_w...fare_wings.htm the world Journey fare ends today. KLM, Continental and Northwest will be participating in Skyteam RTW. I will miss the old world journey fare. It was the best out there! How do you get around Africa now?
Old May 15, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cygone
According to this website http://www.airtimetable.com/around_w...fare_wings.htm the world Journey fare ends today. KLM, Continental and Northwest will be participating in Skyteam RTW. I will miss the old world journey fare. It was the best out there! How do you get around Africa now?
Too bad, as I was going to use this fare for this summer. I could not confirm this with NW as their RTW desk is only open during business hours. However, on the South Africa website, they show new RTW fare effective May 15th, 2005 which is the World journey fare (although quoted in ZAR, the conversion to USD is highter than their previous fares so it looks like this fare is still available??? Can anybody confirm this?
Old May 16, 2005, 9:20 am

I just spoke with the NW RTW desk and the information on airtimetable is not accurate. The world journey fare is still available for purchase. The agent called this the "old" RTW versus the Skyteam RTW. The differences are that the lower mileage fare for 25k miles is no longer sold and there is only 30k,35k and 40k. Skyteam is 29k, 34k,and 39k. In addition the prices have increased and the 30k price, in business is now almost the same price as the 35k was, ie approx. $7300, which is in line with the Skyteam RTW price.
Old May 16, 2005, 11:41 am

I just checked also, unfortunately some of the business class fares have gone up over one thousand dollars this past weekend. Economy only went up a hundred dollars or so. 25,000 mile fares not available but this is still best deal for visiting Africa.
Old May 17, 2005, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by cygone
I just checked also, unfortunately some of the business class fares have gone up over one thousand dollars this past weekend. Economy only went up a hundred dollars or so. 25,000 mile fares not available but this is still best deal for visiting Africa.
Only downside with this "Old RTW" is you cannot pool all your miles into Skyteam accounts as Emirates, Srilankan and South African are not "partners" (Sigh..). However, 25K deal was fantastic value for money when existed.
Old May 17, 2005, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by BryanBOS
Maple Aviation (Thailand) often has adverts in the Bangkok Post for RTW fares using CO for 78,000 THB in coach, 154,000 THB in business.

Their phone #: 0 2267 8135/7
Their e-mail: [email protected]

I have no personal experience or connection with this firm.
Old May 18, 2005, 8:18 pm

Maple Aviation, listed above is the GSA for Continetal in BKK-- since they don't actually have flights operating this is their sales office, and it is the office I have used for 3 RTWs with great success. Very good people.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 8:12 am
rtw

Programs: KrisFlyer,MP,HHonors
Greg48, tell me more about Maple Aviation pls.
Do they have a website, what's their address? How did you go about booking a rtw out of Thailand with them before? Did you email them, call them, provide credit card over the phone, get your ticket mailed to you or pick it up? Reason I'm asking is my girlfriend and I are planning a rtw in August and are looking for cheap business rtw fares.

Any fares cheaper than the 154000TBH fare, what's the 118000TBH fare?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:47 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Here is details on SkyTeam RTW Trips I got from Delta. All SkyTeam Alliance (including NW,CO,KLM) are participating.

Buying with travel agent gets +/- 5% discount (cash). or 3% discount (credit Card).

COS FARE (THB) Mileage Package Max Stops Allowed
ECONOMY 84090 26000 miles MAX 5 STOPS BUSINESS NOT APPLICABLE

ECONOMY 95090 29000 miles MAX 15 STOPS
BUSINESS 167290

ECONOMY 109390 34000 miles MAX 15 STOPS
BUSINESS 192390

ECONOMY 128390 39000 miles MAX 15 STOPS
BUSINESS 225890

*Price BEFORE Tax & Surcharges
**MINIMUM 3 STOPS for all packages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.