Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

(Very) Tentative RTW itin- is it legal?comments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Very) Tentative RTW itin- is it legal?comments?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EFATO
Why not go for one of the EUR2200ish J ex-CAI RTW on 9W/AS/CM/CO/EK/FJ/KL/KQ/MA/MH/NW/NF/PH/SB/SA/TN/UL/UX

??
Two reasons:

1) It cannot be done without being able to avoid using non-Skyteam carriers. With the exception of some codeshared flights from/to PRG, OK+ (which I am a member of) doesn't give any miles for flights with any airline outside Skyteam. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have lots of orphaned miles and/or fly so much and still struggle to retain top tier with OK.

2) My understanding is that, unless one wants to go via the SWP, there are no suitable transpac flights on any of these airlines, therefore making the whole RTW idea redundant.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:52 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by graraps
Two reasons:

2) My understanding is that, unless one wants to go via the SWP, there are no suitable transpac flights on any of these airlines, therefore making the whole RTW idea redundant.
NW is a member of the Passport to the World and they have plenty oof flights via NRT
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apoivre
NW is a member of the Passport to the World and they have plenty oof flights via NRT
True, but one has to get to NRT first! And AFAIK NW don't have any transpac flights that don't require participation in the US "security" circus (hence my use of the word "suitable").
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Can use more than 2 airlines

Originally Posted by Zip
Unless things have changed, RTW fares are based on using only two airlines. I don't think you can mix and match your own segments, then get a RYW fare. Each airline has several "partner" options for RTW, so you just have to call them and ask.
Did a RTW in Jan '04 (don't particularly recommend doing it for fast-paced business travel, as it can become physically taxing). I flew Delta, Korean, Air France, Alitalia & Czech Air as part of the RTW itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.