Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

KE internet intineray seach and NRT lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2004, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAPlat,QF,SQ,KE ,SPG,OZ

Hi, I have a number of KE flights coming up, and I was wondering if there is an internet site I can use to check out my flight itns and seating allocation etc. For my Qantas flights I use www.checkmytrip.com and am wondering which site would work for KE (as all of the PNR's are all digits).

Of the bookings, PUS-HKG-ICN is over in C back in F, the PUS-HKG flight is a 737-800, which will have no inflight entertainment- not good enough for C!

The other flight is PUS-NRT-ICN, again over C back F ( there are no flight with F departing PUS!) I want to know what the NRT lounge is like with KE. I have used the JL lounge and am not really that impressed by it, considering NRT is their hub!
Old Dec 25, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
KE NRT lounge

Originally Posted by johnkennett
I want to know what the NRT lounge is like with KE. I have used the JL lounge and am not really that impressed by it, considering NRT is their hub!
Not really a big deal. Well situated with a nice view on the runways but minimum choice regarding food and snack, and only slightly better choice for beverage. Internet connection is OK. On the whole though, it is still pretty decent !

If Af lounge is open and you are ST elite plus, you will enjoy far better food and newspaper (English and of course French speaking) offering. Unfortunately it is only open until AF morning (11h or so) fight takes off.

Don't know about other ST lounges in NRT.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:36 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mogoy
but minimum choice regarding food and snack

Since you said "minimum choice", I wonder what do they have?

Care to let me know?

you will enjoy far better food

The food of AF lounge in NRT is the worst lounge food that I've ever had.

I'm not being offensive, but that's my opinion.

Only otsunamies and cookies, no other things.

Last edited by N227UA; Dec 26, 2004 at 1:39 am
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by johnkennett
Hi, I have a number of KE flights coming up, and I was wondering if there is an internet site I can use to check out my flight itns and seating allocation etc. For my Qantas flights I use www.checkmytrip.com and am wondering which site would work for KE (as all of the PNR's are all digits).

Of the bookings, PUS-HKG-ICN is over in C back in F, the PUS-HKG flight is a 737-800, which will have no inflight entertainment- not good enough for C!

The other flight is PUS-NRT-ICN, again over C back F ( there are no flight with F departing PUS!) I want to know what the NRT lounge is like with KE. I have used the JL lounge and am not really that impressed by it, considering NRT is their hub!

KE has a CRS, which was built by Amadeus.

Even though it's based on Amadeus, I think there are some differences.

It's named TOPAS, and used not only for KE but also for some other carriers.

Since you said that your PNR was unable to be viewed on www.checkmytrip.com, I assume that TOPAS PNRs can't be checked out on that site.

I have no idea whether you're leaving on the morning flight to NRT or the evening flight to NRT from PUS, but I guess the both flights don't have inflight entertainment.

I think they use A306 for the both flights.

This year, I had a chance to fly KE once and that was from PUS to NRT.

I flew on the morning flight in Y, and there was no inflight entertainment.

Not that bad for less than two-hour flight.

For ST lounge in NRT, I don't recommend AF lounge.

I haven't visited any other ST lounge in NRT, so can't say about the others.

NW and KE lounges can be the options.

BTW, are you in PUS now?
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:23 am

Cool

I've visited both lounge on the same day in last August.
KE provided only basic food as basic peanuts and the like. The only consistent food was some kind of seaweed-wraped triangle-shaped, Japanese and untasteful rice.

AF lounge offered small fresh and delicate sandwiches with salmon and other kind of more elaborate food (tuna sandwiches, "saucisson" sandwiches) : I mean not the kind of all-prepared, ready-to-serve food taken directly from a box. That was more representative of some "art de vivre".

There was no draw between the lounges on food and newspapers (KE only offered Korean Japanese newspapers along with USA Today, not the kind of "international" press that you can expect from such a loung in such an airport).

The biggest and - of course very significant - advantage of KE on AF is that the lounge is not overcrowded. KE lounge is bigger and the flights schedule allow to have plenty of space. On the contrary, AF lounge is very small and thus crowded with C pax and other ST elite members before the 777 departure. For that reason, it's only worth for taking newspapers and stomach filling. Once done, I certainly advice to head to a less crowded lounge.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 9:54 am

I've visited both lounge on the same day in last August.
KE provided only basic food as basic peanuts and the like. The only consistent food was some kind of seaweed-wraped triangle-shaped, Japanese and untasteful rice.

AF lounge offered small fresh and delicate sandwiches with salmon and other kind of more elaborate food (tuna sandwiches, "saucisson" sandwiches) : I mean not the kind of all-prepared, ready-to-serve food taken directly from a box. That was more representative of some "art de vivre".

Basically, it's the cultural difference.

Even though "seaweed-wraped" thing tasted bad to you, I assume it tastes better than "saucisson" for typical Japaneses.

I'm curious what kind of rice was untasteful to you.

BTW, that's not seaweed, but laver.

I'm surprised to here that they offer sandwiches in the lounge.

There was no draw between the lounges on food and newspapers (KE only offered Korean Japanese newspapers along with USA Today, not the kind of "international" press that you can expect from such a loung in such an airport).

you will enjoy far better food and newspaper (English and of course French speaking) offering

In speaking of international press, what papers do you consider?

I think Korean and Japanese papers with USA Today is just fine.

Most visitors are Japaneses and Koreans, but a few Americans for KE1/KE2.

Since USA Today is the most read paper in the U.S., I don't see any problem.

I guess you don't consider Le Monde as "far better newspaper", right?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:57 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by N227UA
Basically, it's the cultural difference.

Even though "seaweed-wraped" thing tasted bad to you, I assume it tastes better than "saucisson" for typical Japaneses.

I'm curious what kind of rice was untasteful to you.

BTW, that's not seaweed, but laver.

I'm surprised to here that they offer sandwiches in the lounge.

In speaking of international press, what papers do you consider?

I think Korean and Japanese papers with USA Today is just fine.

Most visitors are Japaneses and Koreans, but a few Americans for KE1/KE2.

Since USA Today is the most read paper in the U.S., I don't see any problem.

I guess you don't consider Le Monde as "far better newspaper", right?
Just trying to help here.

My intention is not to support AF lounge just because of "saucisson" or "Le monde" are provided. That would equal to misleading transformation of what I meant.

What an interesting discussion ! It brings us to the climax and help us to make the world a better place... especially when so many are starving in SE Asia right now.

I'm sure you'll understand that I won't pursue such a futile thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.