Search

Award tickets on Skyteam with multiple cabin types

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2004, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Award tickets on Skyteam with multiple cabin types

Here's the weekend poser question:

I'm looking at getting an award ticket from Tokyo to Hong Kong on Korean Air (KE). However, their website (and Delta) mention that there aren't the same classes on every flight segment. For example, the "premium" product from NRT-ICN (Seoul) is Business, but from ICN to HKG (Hong Kong) it's first class.

How does DL go about awarding this itinerary, and how many miles should I expect to have deducted? The award charts list different amounts (30K) for business and 60K for first. This is a roundtrip award ticket on KE metal. It appears that different parts of the 4-leg will be in different premium classes.

FYI - there is plenty of availability in economy, business and first - but the multi-cabin service between each segment is confusing when figuring out the actual award requirements..

Help!
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's pretty simple actually, for mixed iteneries, they ticket at the higest possilbe award. For example, if you choose first class seats on any real 3 class plane on any routing, you will be charged the first class rate. KE does have some 3 class aircraft that are only sold as a 2 class and there are different threads dealing with that issue. DOesn't matter if all your other segments are in coach or business, but you're higest ticketed cabin segment determines the mileage amount.

Hope this is clear.

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.