Search

Need advice on which Skyteam FF program to use

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Need advice on which Skyteam FF program to use

Greetings folks

It seems that over the next year, I will be making more use of Skyteam carriers in my travels. To date I hold a FF card on AeroMexico, Delta and recently I applied for a OnePass.

Normally I fly on *A because I am based in YYZ and AC is the dominant carrier so I accumulate most of my points into Aeroplan, and it is with Aeroplan that I hold SE the highest status available. On the flights where I am on a Oneworld carrier, I accumulate my points in AA and I think I will qualify as Elite this year.

I need help deciding which Skyteam program to park my points in. My concern is not so much in the reward redemption area as it is in priority boarding, waitlisting, lounge access etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DF
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:53 am

It would help to know where you would tend to fly on SkyTeam. Meantime ...

SkyTeam lounge access is available to SkyTeam Elite Plus members on an international itinerary so it isn't much help say to have AF Frequence Plus Rouge if you fly DL all the time.

Elite Plus in Skyteam comes at 100k qualification miles on DL and 75k qualification miles on NW and CO while if you have a north american address AF F+ Rouge is only 40k qualification miles.

Priority boarding is recognised across the various SkyTeam FF programs.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
It would help to know where you would tend to fly on SkyTeam. Meantime ...

SkyTeam lounge access is available to SkyTeam Elite Plus members on an international itinerary so it isn't much help say to have AF Frequence Plus Rouge if you fly DL all the time.

Elite Plus in Skyteam comes at 100k qualification miles on DL and 75k qualification miles on NW and CO while if you have a north american address AF F+ Rouge is only 40k qualification miles.

Priority boarding is recognised across the various SkyTeam FF programs.
Thanks for this. I am based in Toronto and I will be travelling to three cities that are well served by SkyTeam over the next few months, at least according to our in house TA. (IAH, EWR and AMS.) Also I'll be doing more intra-Mexico flying between MEX, CUL, HMO, and MTY

DF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.