Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Olympic Air Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
Miles for Olympic Air Flights

Upcoming travel on Olympic Air ATH to IST, can I earn miles on any program other than Olympic Icarus FF Program?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 3:43 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Icarus Stands Alone

As far as I can tell, Olympic does not have any kind of agreement with any other carrier. Joining Icarus is also no pleasure. Give yourself an extra few minutes to join when you get to ATH if you're so inclined
Old Sep 13, 2004, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
Thanks to all the posters to this and other thread(s). F.Y.I. to all. Based on my review of all responses in a number of threads, it appears you can not earn miles on/in any Star Alliance, Skyteam or OneWorld member airline's frequent flier program. The only option is to join Olympic's Icarus program and earn miles in that program. I have tried to find routings between ATH and IST on other carriers, but have found none other than Olympic. Oh well, my VERY rough (e.g. string on a paper map) calculation of the distance is less that 400 miles. I can't see breaking my back over approx. 800 (rounded up to 1000, possibly) FF miles.

Thanks again to all.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really don't know where you have been searching because TK generally offers twice as many flights on most days as Olympic. Personally I go with whoever is cheaper as the mileage is nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.