Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

New Feature on SkyTeam.com: Downloadable Timetables!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Feature on SkyTeam.com: Downloadable Timetables!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb New Feature on SkyTeam.com: Downloadable Timetables!

Delta Online Sales & Service, in cooperation with our SkyTeam partners, Goldenware and Nurun, is pleased to announce the addition of Downloadable Timetables to skyteam.com.

This product was designed with the international frequent business traveler in mind with unique features such as:

I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply. www.delta.com/email
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:28 am
                Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thank you for the information as usual, UnofficialDLHelper.

However, I am still waiting for the day that a Macintosh version is released...
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
                Thank you for the information as usual, UnofficialDLHelper.

However, I am still waiting for the day that a Macintosh version is released...
                For applications such as the one described it is hard for a company to cost justify the development of a Macintosh version any more unless they can push it out using a virtual machine enviroment such as Java. The alternative is a PC emulator......
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
                For applications such as the one described it is hard for a company to cost justify the development of a Macintosh version any more unless they can push it out using a virtual machine enviroment such as Java. The alternative is a PC emulator......
                I realize all of that. Yes, I have Virtual PC on one of my Macintosh computers and even a laptop computer with Windows XP, but I much prefer my Macintosh computers and their operating systems — especially since that is the platform that I use the most by far.

Oh, well — one can dream, can’t one?...
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:59 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
                Wow, sounds like I'm not the only Mac-head here - Cholula and Canarsie both seem to have Macs. Anybody else?

I'm actually working (in my far-too-much free time at the Hyatt) on an application that runs on your computer and checks available seats every 15 minutes or so on a list of flights/seats that you specify. I've got a text-based version running at home and it's snagged me precious aisle/exit-row seats quite a few times recently.

I was thinking of writing the client in Java, but maybe I'll write it as a Mac application first
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sdwr98
                Wow, sounds like I'm not the only Mac-head here - Cholula and Canarsie both seem to have Macs. Anybody else?
                There is one FlyerTalk member who goes by the name Randy Petersen, as extracted from here:
                I'm a self confessed Mac addict. I own a PowerPC, PowerBook, Newton and almost anything else that Mac has ever made. In the early days of the business, I would donate free awards to my Mac user group for auction. Proceeds were used to send someone to MacWorld each year. This was my way of saying thanks to the machine. I'm convinced that, without Macintosh, I wouldn't be in business today. In these offices, we have about 40 Macs (including our Apple Internet Server for our company intranet, IntraFlyer) and one lonely PC, which we only use to run a credit card communication program. I¹ve a new Ti and wouldn¹t think of owning anything but. Now if only Steve Jobs could come up with something to replace my old Newton (I've got a Palm only temporary until Apple comes up with something similar - again).
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:52 pm

Oh, well — one can dream, can’t one?...

I guess....

I used to procure macs for a large network but once they shut down the licensed clones it became very difficult to justy buying macs within the public funds procurement rules. We even had Next OS systems from which the current OS emerged. I often wonder what would have happened if they had ported the OS to the Intel platform.

Still. The ipod was a very smart move and I see many of them on Delta flights (vague attempt at forum relevance.... ).
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:23 pm
                FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
                At least this is a pretty good start...I was waiting for these timetables to come out, so SkyTeam could at least be on a par with *A or OW. My only gripe with them is that they aren't like those timetables, which I think are a lot more user-friendly (you can see which cities have service to which hubs, etc, which is good in my mind for itinerary building).

Jeff
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, CRC, HHS
                I also run two MACs

Originally Posted by sdwr98

I'm actually working (in my far-too-much free time at the Hyatt) on an application that runs on your computer and checks available seats every 15 minutes or so on a list of flights/seats that you specify. I've got a text-based version running at home and it's snagged me precious aisle/exit-row seats quite a few times recently.

I was thinking of writing the client in Java, but maybe I'll write it as a Mac application first
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:24 pm
                In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
                There is one FlyerTalk member who goes by the name Randy Petersen, as extracted from here:

I've always liked Randy but now I know the true reason......
                I've run every Mac model and every Mac operating system since they were introduced in 1984. And I've also had extensive experience with Windows during my years in the corporate world.
                No question that I prefer Mac's. We've got four of them and I'd really never consider owning a Windows machine.
                I get a kick out of listening to the local radio computer show on Sundays when the listeners call in with their various horror stories. Never any Mac folks calling in....virtually nothing goes wrong with them. The Mac OS X Unix-based operating system kicks serious butt IMHO...
                Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:35 pm
                FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
                Originally Posted by Cholula
                The Mac OS X Unix-based operating system kicks serious butt IMHO...
                Never thought I would see the word Unix here at FT, the OS I just tested three people on today.
                Old Aug 25, 2004, 5:49 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
                Originally Posted by Cholula
                I've run every Mac model and every Mac operating system since they were introduced in 1984.
                My dad runs a printing business, so I, too, have used every Mac since the 128K came out. I remember when my dad got his first Laser Writer - the whole package, Mac SE, printer, and 20 MB hard drive cost him over $10K!

OS X rocks - on my last flight, the guy across the aisle from me had an iPod and noticed mine, and I wound up convincing him to go to the Apple Store and get a Mac for his next computer. And that's how this relates to Delta...
                Old Aug 25, 2004, 6:56 am
                A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
                I hope the downloadable version (of the SkyTeam schedule, not of the Mac computer) makes more sense than the on line version.

I tried seeing what choices I would have in flying TLV-FLL on Nov 6. Guess what? It can't be done on SkyTeam planes -- at least not according to the schedule. It automatically brings me to Nov. 7.

A little playing around showed the reason. It only shows TLV-USA flights on Delta. This means taking the El Al TLV-JFK or TLV-EWR codeshare flights.

Nov. 6 is a Saturday. El Al does not fly on Saturdays. Hence, no flights are shown. But guess what? Alitalia does fly on Saturday out of TLV. So does Air France (and possibly Czech Air).

You can fly TLV-MXP-ATL-FLL. You can fly TLV-CDG-MIA. You can fly TLV-MXP-JFK-FLL (if you are willing to take Song) or, as I am doing, TLV-MXP-JFK-ATL-FLL.

If this is a SKY TEAM schedule, why not show all Sky Team flights?

On another subject: I now understand why Cholula has not been upgrading my flights for me. He preferred buying me a new Mac to replace my aging IBM. Cholula, do I have to wait until we meet in Venice or are you going to deliver it to FLL?
                Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:15 am

...I love it!
                When we plop in PPT-SYD, which MissBumpMe! and I will fly in a few months, we get the following response:

This City Pair is served, but the timtable did not find any logical connections

We're flying PPT-LAX-ICN-SYD... I guess it's illogical!
                (but not to us!)

Thanks, UDH this is a cool new tool.
                It will certainly help with re-routing on a RTW.

Last edited by BumpMe!; Aug 25, 2004 at 7:18 am
                Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:03 am
                FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
                Glad to hear they have matched * Alliance with a timetable program for Palm and Pocket PC. Now if oneworld can get its act together and create on as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.