Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Skyteam and Child Safety Seats (Who Allows Them?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:00 am
Original Poster

From reading this board, I know Alitalia will not allow you to bring a child car seat on board or even have a child under two in their own seat.

Are there any other members of the Skyteam Alliance or Delta partners that have a similar policy? We are looking at flying transatlantic to Athens next year with an 18 month old, and having her in a car seat will be a must. If I can fly on Delta metal all the way, that would be great, but I want to know what the other options are in case we have to consider them.

Anyone have any experience with other partner airlines when flying out of the US? What about connecting to a European partner airline once in Europe?
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:36 am

Back in DL, Jr.'s carseat days, we flew several times on AF (once as far as India). No problems with his carseat at all, although AF did manage to lose his checked stroller on a CDG-AMS flight.

Nice touch with AF is that they still allow pre-boarding for families with small children, even ex-US.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Just trying to get this all figured out because the wife and I are getting ready to make plans for a European trip next summer using Skymiles. Neither of us wants anything to do with holding a child while crossing the ocean, and we frankly do not think it is the safest thing to do. We want to make sure whatever airline we end up on will allow us to have a reserved seat for the child as well as let us bring on a carseat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.