Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2004, 4:58 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
CO, NW, KL join skyteam on Sep. 13

Joe Brancatelli writes in todays Tactical Traveller:

"Continental, KLM and Northwest will join the SkyTeam Alliance on September 13"

Skyteam and KL websites don't publish this date so far AFAIK. But I have no doubt at all that Joe B. has 100% reliable info on this - I never heard of any false announcements on his site...
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
That's good news. I just wish it was earlier as I have a CO flight in July that I'd love to have deposit some MQM miles into my account.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jmscsc
That's good news. I just wish it was earlier as I have a CO flight in July that I'd love to have deposit some MQM miles into my account.
You can already earn MQMs on Continental flights. Just include your SkyMiles number in the reservation and they'll post automatically into your account. The amount of MQMs depend on the fare, of course, and the fare boxes don't align with Delta's, so check the DL website for info how many MQMs to expect from your flight.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
DLfan, the only reason I made the CO reservation is because DL doesn't fly the route. After making it I specifically called DL and asked an agent if I can earn MQM's for the flight. After putting me on hold, in order to check with her supervisor, I was told that MQM's are only earned on those airlines which belong to SkyTeam. I'm hoping your right as it would make my CO flight much more enjoyable.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 6:45 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
you will get MQM on all NW and CO flights, just like I get EQM as a WorldPerks member flight DL and CO...how many depends on the rules...

Originally Posted by jmscsc
DLfan, the only reason I made the CO reservation is because DL doesn't fly the route. After making it I specifically called DL and asked an agent if I can earn MQM's for the flight. After putting me on hold, in order to check with her supervisor, I was told that MQM's are only earned on those airlines which belong to SkyTeam. I'm hoping your right as it would make my CO flight much more enjoyable.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:53 am

Re klm joining skyteam, is it known yet which status levels in FD equate to which levels in skyteam?
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
What about Alaska

Anyone have a thought of what will happen to the special relationship that Alaska Airlines has with NW, once they join skyteam? Any chance they will?

Currently I can get Elite qual miles on Alaska flying NW or KL. Will that continue?

Nobbi
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:23 am

I will be flying on AF Aug. 29 - Sept 8. I had planned on accruing the miles on Delta but was wondering if anyone had an idea of how I could convert them CO OP.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but since the discussion is on CO and others joining Sky Team I thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.