Search

Latest on SkyTeam Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Latest on SkyTeam Expansion

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040610/clth012_1.html

ST becomes a far more desireable alliance with the addition of KLM, NW and CO. It gives pax the chance to use AMS intead of CDG, and NW and its Asian network instead of Korean.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Good news and not unexpected.

Does anyone know if NWA or CO have fares similar to Delta's I fares? If so, what's the booking code or fare code to look for?
Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:11 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
What about segment upgrades on NW and CO domestic? and PMU upgrades Intl.? Without these, it will be of limited attraction to at least some PM's.

However, whenever a DL CRJ route can be susbstituted with even NW/CO mainline coach, you may find me and Cholula sitting in the back with a smile!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
As of yesterday, CO had the equivalent of DL's I fares in some markets, such as NYC-FCO. I have not seen any recently on NW, but always keep your eye out for the Z fare sale, which sometimes gets you into WBC back and forth Transatlantic for less than $1000. The Z is not a stealth thing, I have always seen it announced on nwa.com's promotions section.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
And CO had a well publicized Bus First sale through the end of May... going RT from TUS to GLA for about $1600.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040610/clth012_1.html

ST becomes a far more desireable alliance with the addition of KLM, NW and CO. It gives pax the chance to use AMS intead of CDG, and NW and its Asian network instead of Korean.
So give me the miles already! Lounge access too!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
So give me the miles already! Lounge access too!
Well except for KLM, you already do.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Well except for KLM, you already do.
EXACTLY, So give me the miles already and the lounge access too.

(Spot the person connecting in AMS these days)

On a more serious note, if SkyTeam was more customer focussed they could have implemented the reciprocal lounge access prior to the formalities with KLM. After all they are *owned* by a founding SkyTeam member. Getting lounge access in place for the summer would have been a nice thing to do for existing SkyTeam and KLM customers, and wouldn't have been that difficult to achieve. Guess I'll just have to keep flirting with the desk staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.