Wiki Posts
Search

KE seasons

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KE seasons

I was planning to go to CAN and now found myself with the the chance of also visiting Tokyo, of which I clearly want to take advantage. Depending on when I am finally able to make a booking, I'll either fly a "dream offer" on AF to CAN or a cheapo AZ biz ticket to NRT. Taking two intercontinental flights doesn't make sense (too expensive in biz, too tiring in Y) and I was thinking of an intra-Asia award ticket NRT-WUH on KE (they don't fly to Guangzhou). OK+ has a "Skyteam awards chart", which can be found in other Skyteam FFP websites as well (I saw it on AM and probably DL, too), and divides the world in regions (North Asia to North Asia: 45/60k) but KE's website indicates they want more miles for an award ticket during the "high season" (70k for a Y ticket!!!). Last time I spoke to OK on the phone I asked them about this and, unsurprisingly, they were quite confused about it. Does anyone know what the score is on this one?
(I am going to be naughty and post this in the DL forum, too, where it's likely to be read by more people )
Old May 12, 2004, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The miles you need are those defined by your own FFP. Thus, whatever KE charges for its own members under its own programme is irrelevant. So OK+ rules in your situation.
Old May 12, 2004, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks once more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.