Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the AF-KLM changes/questions/news thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2004, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

the AF-KLM changes/questions/news thread

Hello, I thought it might be good to keep a thread going on the new changes with air france and klm. There will be an effect on many other airlines.

To get things going, here are my questions

-when kl (and by virtue of ownership by kl) nw are folded in to skyteam, what will be the effect on partners of nw and kl who are not in skyteam?
(for example, alaska, horizon, malaysia, america west....)

-when co (by virtue of dl and nw links) is folded in to skyteam, what will be the status of skyteam members with which co has no ties (for example, air france, alitalia, korean and csa?

And some news

-In its media release (airfrance.com, then click on corporate site) it was mentioned that KL and AF have divided the world between them, with AF focusing on the americas and kl getting asia and oceania.....I suppose this is that "synergy" word that keeps coming up
Old May 7, 2004, 4:57 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Hi Jetcity405,

I'm going to move this over to the SkyTeam forum as it really has little to do with the latest frequent flyer program buzz.

Regards,

Flipside
Old May 8, 2004, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by jetcity405
when kl (and by virtue of ownership by kl) nw
KL owns NW
Old May 8, 2004, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

I was under the impression that KL had a minority stake in NW...which led to the original pre-continental codeshare deal

also to note, of the skyteam 6, co only has agreements now with 2, nw only with 2 and kl only with csa, and air france by virtue of new ownership
Old May 8, 2004, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jetcity405
I was under the impression that KL had a minority stake in NW...which led to the original pre-continental codeshare deal

also to note, of the skyteam 6, co only has agreements now with 2, nw only with 2 and kl only with csa, and air france by virtue of new ownership
When NWA went private KLM put up considerable $$$ inorder to buy a minority stake (but at the max set by US law)...however today they have sold almost 100% of their NWA stock but they do retain a seat on the board because of their codeshare agreement

It's kinda similiar to NWA owning the majority of voting rights to CO a few years back...they came in under DL's radar and snatched it away...they turned around a few years later and sold it to CO for a nice profit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.