Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2003, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

RTW Question

It looks like I'll indeed get to do my RTW next year, and so I'm embarking on planning soon. A primary question that occurs to me is if the 6 stops includes your final destination, or if it is in addition to. In other words:

PHX-1-2-3-4-5-6-PHX

or

PHX 1-2-3-4-5-PHX(6)

Thanks!

JP
Old Jul 6, 2003, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
The language that I've seen to describe the RTW award has been in terms of maximum of six stopovers. Your final destination isn't a stopover, so that should imply the former of your alternatives.

[This message has been edited by NickW (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:32 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The final destination is no stopover and you can also make more than 6 stops/connections during your trip (stopover = more than 24h at the same place), e.g.:

PHX-(1)-2-(3)-(4)-5-6-7-(8)-(9)-10-(11)-12-PHX

numbers in brackets = stopovers = max. 6 allowed

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Jul 7, 2003, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Great news! Thanks! And, I'll definitely take advantage of stops/plane changes wherever I can. I'm planning to sign up for Randy's service to help secure plans.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can (and want to) plug in the Trans-Siberian Express from Beijing to Moscow, then go on to Poland & Estonia to visit friends.

JP
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:14 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by j379pa:

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can (and want to) plug in the Trans-Siberian Express from Beijing to Moscow, then go on to Poland & Estonia to visit friends.
</font>
I don't know what kind of RTW you do plan. In case it is miles based, then the train section count as surface miles (= you will loose these miles if you fly into Beijing, go by train to Moscow and continue flying from Moscow: the surface miles Beijing - Moscow will be deducted and you can't even earn miles for the segment).

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! No, I'm cashing in miles to do the trip. I've got the miles in the bank, and am now building up Hilton & Starwood points to get as much free lodging as I can. After that, I'll bum off of friends in such far flung places as Australia, Poland, Estonia, Egypt, and Brazil. I might break down and pay for a night or two on the road...

JP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.