Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Alitalia to be welcomed to "Noname" Alliance by AF & Co?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2000, 1:37 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Possibly? Where else can AZ go? And AF needs "help" too. Barring a quick Malpensa resolution with SwissAir making a "deal" it would appear to be a "decent" fit and a likely outcome. It sure seems that KLM & Wings are out! Any thoughts?
Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:04 pm
doc
Original Poster

Alitalia is again considering an alliance with AF following the failure of its alliance with KLM of the Netherlands, the Milan financial newspaper MF reported.

Alitalia declined to comment on the report, beyond saying that it was talking to "everyone" and acknowledging that the company was likely to make an alliance, recalling that Air France and Swissair had been the most likely partners before the planned alliance with KLM.
http://news.airwise.com/stories/2000/06/961071748.html

Old Jun 21, 2001, 10:48 am
doc
Original Poster

Italian airline Alitalia said on Thursday it would complete a commercial alliance by the end of the summer.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/010621/l21417846.html
Old Jun 21, 2001, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Just in case we missed the other 6 threads
Old Jun 30, 2001, 5:41 am
doc
Original Poster

Alitalia Deal To Boost SkyTeam?

http://news.airwise.com/stories/2001/06/993817242.html
Old Jun 30, 2001, 1:18 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Alitalia Deal To Boost SkyTeam</font>
I think Alitalia will be a pain... for us also, as AIr France is.
On an commercial point of view, that's a good deal for Delta.
That's a good deal for Alitalia too.
That's even a good deal for Air France and the other '''partners''' (a definition please ) or allies (an another one please ).

But Alitalia was with KLM and Northwest, and nothing good came from the italian government, ooops, from Aliatalia, and I think that nothing good for us will come from this new partner.

Anyway, partners and allies that stop the partnership or the alliance in just one minute to be 'very good friend' with the former competitor in one more minute, where are we now ? , what is this type of competition we have today ?
Old Jul 2, 2001, 11:28 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
Well, don't forget that AZ has been making substantial losses since the brake-up with KL. I think that hit them pretty hard. So do expect AZ to change their attitude somewhat. For me it is good because the deal in business to SA rock! The sooner the better.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
Old Jul 2, 2001, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
brenno where is SA? South Africa? I didn't know Alitalia flew there. I couln't find it on their web page at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.