New SkyTeam Members

Old Sep 12, 00, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-CK, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG- Lifetime Plat
New SkyTeam Members

I belong to an airline list - where it was reported this morning that Czech Airlines will join SkyTeam in 2001 and Aeroflot will join in 2003!

As far as I'm concerned - OW has a new customer with a couple of *A trips thrown in to get my SQ fix!
Old Sep 12, 00, 7:25 am
Original Member

The best information that the esteemed members of flyertalk have provided indicates that Czech will definitely join, but they are not at all bad (nice airline, modern fleet, etc.). Nobody has come up with any official confimration about Aeroflot from any source, but the rumour is persistent. I think a lot of poepl are hoping it just stays a rumour...
Old Sep 12, 00, 8:58 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by james:
Nobody has come up with any official confimration about Aeroflot from any source, but the rumour is persistent.
It has been in Russian newspapers lately. It looks like Aeroflot as a part of the deal has to build a new terminal which will not be finished until 2002/3 which is the cause for the dealy.

Now, with BA/KLM/North West, One World may end (not that it ever started) and we may see a few more defections to Sky Team (it would serve Air Lingus right to get some pie in the face and come on oever.)
Old Sep 12, 00, 9:08 am
Original Member

Yes JRF - virtually all the talk about SU comes from the Russian end. As far as I know there has been absolutely no positive confirmation from AF or DL.