Wiki Posts
Search

Kenya airways Asante problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2023, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Kenya airways Asante problem

Hi Guys!
Last week Kenya airways matched my status match request and granted me with Asante Gold (Skyteam Elite plus.
I had a flight from BKK to HAN few days ago and also HAN to ICN and this is what I was told at the Vietnam airline and Korea air check in, "Frequent flyer program number is invalid".
I was just wondering if Asante is in working order as of today for Skyteam?
Or does Skyteam only accept Kenya Airways Flying Blue? Has anybody else had a similar experience? Thanks for your time.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Doesn't help but had the same issue today trying to add my Asante number to an AF booking.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:49 pm

It's not a deliberate choice by the airline not to accept Asante, they are just slow to make the necessary changes to support it, and with Asante being a relatively small participant, they lack the incentive to make it happen faster. In similar cases between pairs of smaller airlines I've seen it take years to work properly. I have had success in the past with emailing airlines and clearly stating the problem, in the context of feedback, but even then it can take months for a resolution. In an ideal world the alliances would get some binding commitment from airlines to ensure that their IT systems support new entrants and programme changes before a specific deadline.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bobbytables
It's not a deliberate choice by the airline not to accept Asante, they are just slow to make the necessary changes to support it, and with Asante being a relatively small participant, they lack the incentive to make it happen faster. In similar cases between pairs of smaller airlines I've seen it take years to work properly. I have had success in the past with emailing airlines and clearly stating the problem, in the context of feedback, but even then it can take months for a resolution. In an ideal world the alliances would get some binding commitment from airlines to ensure that their IT systems support new entrants and programme changes before a specific deadline.
That's a very sunny take on the situation : I hope you are correct. But from what I learned from ITA, new SkyTeam members have to negotiate with each of the other airline members to establish the protocols that govern their relationships.

It seems a peculiarly SkyTeam problem. ITA proclaimed itself a SkyTeam member two years' ago, status-matched like crazy, but never established reciprocal earn&burn deals with other programme members. And, two years' on, very few of those members offer benefits to Volare members.

`And now ITA is heading towards Star territory with M&M ....
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
`And now ITA is heading towards Star territory with M&M ....
Would be interesting if they were to join *A if only to see how quickly *A would be able to do this. It seems absurd that SkyTeam calls itself an alliance, but they don't require members to recognise each other or honour statuses of other member airlines. What is the point of an alliance at this point...
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:26 pm

Does anyone else have login problems with Kenya airways? Suddenly I have to type in an additional code that comes by email every time. In addition, the link to KLM seems to be broken, at least for me. Yesterday I was still able to enter my KQ number for my KLM bookings and the Sky Elite Plus status was recognised. Since today this no longer works.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Does anyone else have login problems with Kenya airways? Suddenly I have to type in an additional code that comes by email every time.
Yes, since last week. It's a pain in the ..., but at least they show the code box now - at one point , it just went back to the username/password dialogue

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
In addition, the link to KLM seems to be broken, at least for me. Yesterday I was still able to enter my KQ number for my KLM bookings and the Sky Elite Plus status was recognised. Since today this no longer works.
I think that their IT is just very patchy. Trying to get retro-credit for flights is impossible online, needs an email to the service desk (who are at least quite responsive). Likely it will be sorted in the next few days...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Privilege Gold
Just flew 4 Legs on KLM. All the Gold Asante status pulled through from booking to check in. I was able to select Economy Comfort/extra leg room seats 72 hours before departure and normal seats as soon as booking. Baggage pulled through nicely too. Everything worked quite well... Shockingly the Miles have even credited to my Asante Account within a few days! (Well... Once I could log in!)
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Does anyone know if all Skyteam flights are recognised by Asante (for status) ?
Not exactly a wealth of information on the website...
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by dand99
Does anyone know if all Skyteam flights are recognised by Asante (for status) ?
Not exactly a wealth of information on the website...
tried to get my Asante number tied to an ITA booking a few weeks ago and they said Asante is currently only partnered with the ones listed on the site, delta is in the works.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:16 pm

Hello,
I have the following problem.

For my last flights with AirFrance, I have correctly earned miles with Asante, but the flight counter in the dashboard has not changed.
I only have a few flights left to extend my Gold status. So that's annoying for me.

Unfortunately, KenyaAirways customer service is not responding to me.

Does anyone have similar problems?
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.