Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Crew acknowledging STE+ status?

Old Aug 10, 2020, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver

I few weeks ago I asked this question on the KE forum, but I am curious about the rest of SkyTeam airlines.

My experience in KE was: (Copy from the original thread): Flew PUS-GMP earlier in the year and after I sat down, one of the crew came to welcome me and my partner and thanked us for our loyalty. I've never flown KE before so the only logical thing I can imagine is my STE+ status. Saw her doing the same to other two or three passengers. Then when they started doing the service, they stopped on my row, offered me drinks, then carried on to the front of the plane to start service.

Has anyone experienced something similar in the rest of SkyTeam? I'm booked on KL and RO for later in the year, so I'm curious if they will say anything (Doubt it though).
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In my experience, other partner Elite status recognition is quite poor or inexistent. As a AFKL Elite Plus, I don’t think I ever had any special greeting or treatment by a non AFKL crew, with the exception of KE indeed. Disclaimer : there are a few ST airlines I have never flow (CI, AM, Xiamen to cite a few).
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: DL PM
MU and MF does it alot, they come around with water and newspaper in a bag and thanks the ste+ members
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

In my experience, never experienced actually on KE (although indeed very limited experience with them, maybe 2 flights max till today).
For me so far CI has been very consistent in greetings ST E+ pax on longhaul flights (or actually any flights operated by longhaul planes) - although my experience here has been when seating in the PE cabin (even when the cabin is used as Y class -for the HKG-TPE sector).
On AF/KL - very seldom even as a FB Plat.

Cheers!
Old Aug 28, 2020, 11:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Originally Posted by AHC96
Has anyone experienced something similar in the rest of SkyTeam? I'm booked on KL and RO for later in the year, so I'm curious if they will say anything (Doubt it though).
In my case once , once AF , once KL (both long haul flights) , and then 3 times on SU (middle haul flights)
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:42 pm

KE has been pretty good at it these past few years. I've had MU crew come and thank me too. Crazy to think I get more recognition on KE than I do on AF/KL despite having status with them...
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Elite Plus lifetime
I once had the purser on a Delta regional flight personally recognize me by name (in economy class!) and prioritize me for snacks and drinks with repeated attentive service throughout the flight. I'm STE+ lifetime through KE, hold no status with Delta.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by nldogbert
In my experience, never experienced actually on KE (although indeed very limited experience with them, maybe 2 flights max till today).
For me so far CI has been very consistent in greetings ST E+ pax on longhaul flights (or actually any flights operated by longhaul planes) - although my experience here has been when seating in the PE cabin (even when the cabin is used as Y class -for the HKG-TPE sector).
On AF/KL - very seldom even as a FB Plat.

Cheers!
My experience as ST E+ (through AF/KL) was that the crew at CI acknowledged it on a 5th freedom flight between CGK and HKG. The crew provided extra amenities like asking if we wanted drinks refill and extra packs of rice crackers in Economy. However I would like to note loads for both flights were not full (~60-70%). On AF, no acknowledgment within EU flights, even if you are flying on J. On KL, flying J intra-EU, was greeted on several of my flights. I tend to think it could be a difference between a full flight and one that has less loads, as the workload of the crew matters as well. On my AF flights, they were mostly full, while the KL and CI flights had quite a substantial number of empty seats in the respective cabins I was flying in.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
I'm Plat with KLM, had consistent greetings on CI, MU and MF, can't remember if I got it on KE.

On KLM, never greeted on short haul, however was addressed by my last name (throughout the flight) on quite a few KLM long-hauls, especially ones where load was medium to light.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.