Benefit from elite plus status, but redeem on another airline program

Old Aug 5, 19, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Hello,
I want to make sure this is possible:
  • I have Delta SkyMiles Gold status, so Elite Plus status in SkyTeam
  • I have a flight next september, CDG-JNB with Air France, and I redeem this flight on Flying Blue, not on my SkyMiles. My Flying Blue status is Silver, which means Elite for SkyTeam
I would like to know if I can access the lounge, have the SkyPriority and other Elite Plus benefits, knowing that I have the right status on Delta, but I will redeem my ticket on flying blue.

I couldn't find anything saying it's impossible, neither saying it's possible. Any idea/experience?
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Just show your card and I think it should work.
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Skyteam Elite Plus Members are afforded all the relevant perks whenever travelling on a Skyteam flight, subject to the usual provisos (lounge access requires (connection to/from) a same-day international Skyteam flight). It does not matter how the ticket was acquired or paid for.

As your status perks come from an FFP not noted on your ticket, carry your Delta status card to show your entitlement to, and to obtain, the relevant benefits
Old Aug 7, 19, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.
I will keep my Delta status card on my phone easily accessible then (I don't have a physical card, I have the status from a challenge and from my understanding, they don't issue the card).

From my experience with SkyPriority, I usually show my ticket where it's clearly written Skyprority to pass fast line security, priority boarding, etc.
In this case, I don't think this will be written on the ticket.
Do you think it's ok to show the Delta status card only? I'm not sure the agents are all very clear with that... Should I be able to ask during checkin to put skypriority on the ticket?
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by trilame View Post
From my experience with SkyPriority, I usually show my ticket where it's clearly written Skyprority to pass fast line security, priority boarding, etc.
In this case, I don't think this will be written on the ticket.
Do you think it's ok to show the Delta status card only? I'm not sure the agents are all very clear with that... Should I be able to ask during checkin to put skypriority on the ticket?
The agent at check-in will not be able to add SkyP mention on the BP if the credentials are not in the system. If you are in an airport where you need to scan the BP to open an automatic gate, you may not have access. If it is a manual check (e.g. CDG), show your DL card and it should be OK.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:22 am
Original Poster

I will be in CDG, 2E. I will see how things goes (my flight is mid-september).

Thanks a lot for all your feedbacks!