Trapped in PDX?

Old Dec 13, 18, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Silver
Trapped in PDX?

Perhaps it is my imagination, but since moving from SFO to PDX, my ability to make convenient international travel books has been terminated with extreme prejudice. Looking at flying on Delta to LHR, GVA, EDI or even DUB will require trips with two or more intermediary stops. Or am I missing a trick when using the Delta app to book flights in their Premium Economy flights in international routes?

TIA.
Eric
Old Dec 13, 18, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ekwang View Post
Perhaps it is my imagination, but since moving from SFO to PDX, my ability to make convenient international travel books has been terminated with extreme prejudice. Looking at flying on Delta to LHR, GVA, EDI or even DUB will require trips with two or more intermediary stops. Or am I missing a trick when using the Delta app to book flights in their Premium Economy flights in international routes?

TIA.
Eric
Can't you go to all of those places one stop via AMS, DTW, or ATL?
Old Dec 13, 18, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Silver
I willl look into that, Thanks.

Eric
Old Dec 30, 18, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ekwang View Post
Perhaps it is my imagination, but since moving from SFO to PDX, my ability to make convenient international travel books has been terminated with extreme prejudice. Looking at flying on Delta to LHR, GVA, EDI or even DUB will require trips with two or more intermediary stops. Or am I missing a trick when using the Delta app to book flights in their Premium Economy flights in international route

I can get most of the places I need to in Europe & Asia with one stop in either AMS, LAX or SEA.
Old Dec 30, 18, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some sense, DL service (for example to Asia) should be better from PDX than SFO, although SFO probably has AF/KLM nonstops to CDG/AMS. For certain other destinations where SFO required a connecting flight to SEA or LAX for a longhaul DL or partner international flight, from PDX you can do the same and first fly to either SEA or LAX. Of course a lot depends on the specifics of your travel patterns.
Old Dec 30, 18, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
In some sense, DL service (for example to Asia) should be better from PDX than SFO, although SFO probably has AF/KLM nonstops to CDG/AMS.
Plus, CI, MU, KE, AM, VS, and SU.