Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Garuda Indonesia transfer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:37 am
Original Poster

BA - Garuda Indonesia transfer

Hello,

I am looking at flights from LHR - PER on 13/12/19. The cheapest routing is LHR - AMS (British Airways), AMS - CGK (Garuda) and CGK - PER (Garuda).

LastMinute offer this as a single ticket booking.

My question is, since they are not alliance partners, will BA check the bags all the way through, and am I protected if one flight is late causing me to miss a subsequent flight?

Many thanks,
Al
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If this is all in one booking, answer is yes. But, if problems occur, you may enter into complex discussions with the non-partnering airlines and knowing that you book with an OTA. If I were you, I would try to have the LHR-AMS segment operated by KL instead of BA.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alastair Skitmore
I am looking at flights from LHR - PER on 13/12/19. The cheapest routing is LHR - AMS (British Airways), AMS - CGK (Garuda) and CGK - PER (Garuda).

LastMinute offer this as a single ticket booking.

My question is, since they are not alliance partners, will BA check the bags all the way through, and am I protected if one flight is late causing me to miss a subsequent flight?
Really a question only the TA can answer (in writing)
I would be very wary as to if it is a true single PNR / single ticket booking.
Friday 13 Dec 2019 is close to the Christmas peak.

Have you looked at getting a separate ticket to Eu and separate ticket Eu-Perth, with a long time (overnight) between flights?
Cheapest is not always the best or most sensible.
MH Malaysian, QR Qatar or another Asian airlines are other options. Look at other UK airports MAN, EDI etc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Airport
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
And there is likely a difference between having the flights on a single PNR (Any TA can add whatever flights to a single PNR), and having them on a single ticket (meaning the transfer is guaranteed by the airlines).
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Single ticket matters, not PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.